1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2002 PEAVEY CIRRUS - ALDER / REDWOOD $900 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mb94952, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

OK - Yes, I am confused and, like you, I can change my mind on my gear, as far as what to sell, and what to keep. :confused:

I had my 2002 Tiger Eye USA Cirrus for sale, and after an hour of playing all of them one after another, I made the very difficult decision to keep the Tiger Eye and sell the Alder / Redwood.

The Redwood plays a lot easier than the Tiger Eye, BUT I like the overall deeper tone of the Tiger Eye.

If this decision was based on butter in my hands, the Redwood wins HANDS DOWN. But, I just have to go with the sound on this one. Yes, they BOTH sound incredible. The Redwood is more high end, ands crisp, whereas the Tiger Eye is more hard rock and deep. It's hard to quantify, as you know.

The obvious decision is to just keep them all, but I need to free up some cash.

This is a RARE wood combination and is somewhat hard to find especially in near mint shape. Someone please buy it before I change my mind AGAIN !!

2. mb94952

photos

Attached Files:

3. mb94952

more photos...

Attached Files:

4. mb94952

more photos..

Attached Files:

5. mb94952

monday morning bump...

6. mb94952

Tuesday morning bump. Make me an offer. I'm asking $900 shipped here on TB. It's a real beauty, both visually and playabitlity wise. The worst I can say is no thanks.

7. I am still on the fence on this one. The setup on ur last one the maple on maple I have now is incredible. I might just use u as my luthier for all my Cirrus setups. I am stuck between this and a Rick I am looking at oh hell decisions.

8. mb94952

Hmmmmmm.... Now, I'm NOT trying to persuade you either way, BUT for me, after playing a CIRRUS all other basses just feel like lumber in my hands.

They are just not as easy to play. It's easy to get spoiled by the feel of a Cirrus.

Here's the way I see it - Once you drive a luxury car, you can't go back to a basic car. The CIRRUS is the same way.

I DO love the Ric, if anything out of principle to Geddy Lee, but I suggest you play a Ric again at your local music store, assuming there's one to play.

Also, if you love the feel of the maple you bought from me, imagine a bass that's twice as easy to play - that's this redwood !

food for thought...

- Mike​

9. mb94952

As time goes by, I'm getting closer to making the decision of keeping this baby. I'll give it five more days for now.

10. mb94952

friday bump...

11. godblender

godblender Banned

Mar 11, 2009
    Michigan
    Could you tell me the string spacing, neck width and radius?

12. mb94952

Hey there, the string spacing and radius seem to be a little smaller for a Cirrus. It's super easy to play.

I may decide to just keep this bass, and weather MY economic storm.

I own three Cirrus at the moment, and this one plays the easiest, but is the most midrangy amplified, hence the frontrunner on the selling block. In other words, it's the most articulate and clean sounding with less "hard rock growl" , yet it still has the Cirrus signature sound.
    - Mike

13. mb94952

I am open to offers, tho...

14. GrindYourMind

GrindYourMind

Oct 30, 2008
    Accepting trades or sale only?

15. mb94952

I'm open to trades - Whacha got ?​

16. mb94952

Happy Monday bump - a STEAL at $850 shipped !! 9.5 out of 10 condition on this baby. PERFECT SET UP !!!!

17. mb94952

BUMP - $850 shipped. I can't afford to keep her right now. There will always be others...:crying:

18. mb94952

Bump - $850 shipped ? WOW !

19. Damn Cirrus owners. Weird I tell ya LOL!

20. mb94952

Yeah, we (I'll speak for myself) Cirrus owner's are weird. I'm getting tired of "bump" so I may end up keeping her. She's definitely a keeper, but I do have bills to pay... I'll give it a few more days... Weird I tell you !!!!! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.