1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2002 Spector Rebop 4 with Custom PIckups, Aguilar preamp!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sj_bass, Jul 15, 2014.

1. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Moody Leathers endorsed artist
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have had this Spector ReBop for about eight months now, and I am not bonding with the pickup placement of these Euro ReBops. Both pickups down towards the bridge sound great, but it takes me a while to get comfortable, since I switch between 2-3 basses for each show... I think I just prefer the PJ configuration.

Anyway, here is what I have: an '02 (I think) Spector Euro ReBop, built in the glorious Motherland of the Czech Republik. It is a VERY dark purple, that looks black in some light - in fact, I didn't realize it was purple until two weeks after I bought it!

Loaded with EMG HZ pickups and an Aguilar OBP-1 (boost only) pre-amp. Just freshly strung with D'Addario Nickels. Condition is good-very good; I don't play it often, but it is played. Some minor wear on the body and rubbing on the pickups, but no dents or dings. Neck is clean and smooth.

Trade: I'm always looking for something, so go ahead and try - worst I can say is no. Trade value is at $650, but I'm really looking to sell. I still like the bass, but I have two other Spectors so this one has to go. I would be willing to trade up (slightly) but I understand that most folks don't want to trade down.

Oh, and please feel free to shoot me your crazy offers. To get things started, I'm offering this up for for BLACK (almost) FRIDAY weekend at $575 SHIPPED to you, CONUS only.

Here's a pic for your viewing pleasure. Yes, it is THE bass that Spector used for their (older) website.

photo (2).JPG

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    I have a pretty decent amount of mostly minty gear available for trade.

If you'd like to take a look, click on my avatar, then on "profile page," then on "information." I'd be happy to discuss.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. flamedns2000

flamedns2000

Jan 29, 2013
    El Paso TX
    I have an ns2000-4 as an offer for the rebop

4. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Ok... I really have to move this before the War Department audits my inventory... So, here's some Bass pr0n for you to enjoy and help with your decision...
    [​IMG]
    How about a full body shot???
    [​IMG]
    Aguilar OBP-1 (boost only) Preamp... New battery too at NO EXTRA CHARGE... (Get it? Charge? Battery???)
    [​IMG]

5. Zitch

Zitch Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    Need any amps bro? Ive got a Genz GBE 750 w foot switch or an mesa impulse 600

6. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Thanks for the amp offers... Since I found my new Spector, I will say that I am open to some other instrument trades, including 5-strings and gee tars too...

7. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    I should also add that a fretless bass could be interesting as well...

8. Droopy

Droopy

Oct 18, 2009
    Neck thru??

9. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    It's a bolt on neck, like most all ReBops I've seen. Thanks for asking.

10. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Wish it was a 5 free bump ---

11. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Giving this a bump for offers... Not 100% sold on dealing this one out, but let's see what else is out there...

12. rupture

rupture

Jan 27, 2012
    What is the body wood on this ?

13. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    From Spector's website: European Alder Body.
    I'm gonna see if I can post some better pics here, but the new TB is a little confusing on my iPad.

14. rupture

rupture

Jan 27, 2012
    Can you describe the neck profile ? Never played one of these. Compared to a jazz.

15. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    That's a great question - let me see if I can paint a picture...
    Width at the nut is 1.64", Close to an older P, about 1/8" wider than a Jazz.
    Width at the heel is right near 2.5", and spacing at the bridge is 3/4"

But the real win is the neck's profile. Not as chunky or rounded as a jazz and very comfortable all the way down the fretboard.
    By the way, the Rebop neck also has a satin finish, which feels smoother than the painted finish on my NS-2 or my Ian HIll.

16. Damonjames

Damonjames

Sep 4, 2013
    Just working on moving some
    Stuff on, this won't leave my
    Mind!!!!

17. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    So... I just had a friend of mine wind the most incredible custom pickups - they make this bass sound AMAZING!
    I promise I will post soundclips and photos to the Spector Owner's Thread - just as soon as he gets his patent paperwork in place.

Time to rekindle this love affair, so I'm taking it off the market... for now.

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  18. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    I'm gonna put this back on the market for sale or trade - It now has these beautiful hand-wound passive pickups made by Ulyate Instruments... 20150113_181433-1.

19. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Some more pictures bump (these were taken before the new pickups):
    [​IMG]
    And a full body shot...
    [​IMG]

20. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

Apr 28, 2009