1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2003 Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Truktek2, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Truktek2

Truktek2

Sep 5, 2008
    Queens, NY
    I have the opportunity of picking up a 2003 Fender American Jazz Bass with the S1 Switch. Anyone familiar with these basses? What are the pros and cons? Also what is a reasonable price for one in very good condition? Thanks in advance, I know there is a wealth of knowledge at this forum.:)

2. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    they are great basses for the money, the S1 switch is ok, but not necessary, you can look to get one from $600+, or if you lucky maybe less. As you will read the New 08 models are hands down awesome, but I've played a handful of the previous late models with the S1 and they play and sound awesome also.

3. I have one and I like the switch. It gets fairly close to the P sound when on, and The neck is excellent. Keeper all the way.

Josh