1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 2003 Fender Roscoe Beck V Teal - w/ mods & fixes

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chauncy, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Chauncy

Chauncy Gold Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2012
    NJ "Southern Half"
    Price:
    Strings:
    I recently picked this up here on TB. It had some issues that I was not aware of (that's my fault for not checking everything out when it first arrived). Considering it's age (2003) it is in decent shape BUT I have to mention the following items and let you decide:

1. (See below update)Truss rod was maxed out and neck had slight forward bow even with strings removed and truss rod nut loose. I removed the neck, installed 3 washers on truss rod and reinstalled. With this and installing lower tension strings (currently has a new set of TI Flats), the neck is just about flat.
    2. One of the tuners had a stripped collar so I replaced all 5 tuners with brand new hipshot ultra lights. I am assuming that the original tuners on these basses are not hipshot USA since I had to widen the tuner holes slightly to fit the new tuners (I am only assuming this because I've experienced this with other basses that had the "licensed" Hipshot tuners and not the USA made).
    3. The original bone nut was either worn or filed to low on the E string so I replaced with a brass nut. Original nut is included.
    4. I replaced the original knobs & pickguard with new ebony knobs and a new black abalone pickguard. Originals are included.
    5. I added a string retainer on the B & E stings.
    6. Weight without strings = 10 LBS

*****Update: The neck was sent to "Warped Neck" and the forward bow has been addressed. Upon receipt the neck was basically flat (with no strings installed and truss rod loose)*****

IMG_2275.JPG IMG_2278.JPG IMG_2277.JPG IMG_2288.JPG IMG_2279.JPG IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2280.JPG IMG_2281.JPG IMG_2287.JPG

Pictures of the neck after returning from service. (Note: the washers I installed are still on the truss rod. They fit in the hole kind of snug so I do not feel comfortable trying to get them out)

IMG_2458.JPG IMG_2459.JPG IMG_2456.JPG IMG_2454.JPG IMG_2460.JPG IMG_2457.JPG IMG_2455.JPG IMG_2481.JPG IMG_2482.JPG

Asking $1,050
    Shipping Included In CONUS (case shown is included, strings are not included)
    PayPal accepted.
    No trades at this time.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. Any interest in trades?

3. ndukane65

ndukane65

Mar 11, 2016
    Cranford, NJ
    Is this bass still available? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Awesome Bass! I sent a G&L L-2500 to Warped Neck about 3 years ago. That neck has been Fine ever since.

I've got a KILLER Gibson T-Bird if you open up to Trades...

5. FirmerX

FirmerX

Mar 23, 2016
    Hi,
    Is this Bass still available? I used to a have one of these and still kicking myself for selling it a few years back!