2003 Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 5-String

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by RunngDog, Oct 8, 2004.

1. RunngDog

RunngDog Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    This is a mint condition 2003 Lakland Skyline Series Joe Osborn 5-string jazz bass with ash body, maple fretboard and sunburst finish. It is fitted out with a custom tortoise shell pickguard (made by Jennie Pickguards) that gives it that authentic Jamerson vintage look. (If you prefer the original white Lakland pickguard, you’ll find it in the included gigbag, ready for installation.)

The Skyline Joe Osborn is manufactured in Korea to the same specs as the U.S.-Made Osborn Signature Bass. The neck on the bass has the same comfortable taper and the bass is equipped with the identical passive Lindy Fralin j-style pickups designed to replicate vintage bass tones. And I've just put on a brand new set of Lakland Joe Osborn flatwound medium strings.

The 35” scale on this bass gives it one of the sweetest B’s you’ll ever want to hear – Lakland is famous for their B’s. I’ve been playing bass for a lot of years and I still own a lot of basses – and this is one of the finest I’ve heard. While I've played it a lot, I haven’t gigged out with it and player wear is minimal -- next to nothing. No dings, dents or scratches anywhere. You can see lots more close-up pictures of this beautiful instrument here:

Need more info? Check out the Lakland website at:

Better yet, read the very positive user reviews of this bass at Harmony Central and Bass Gear Reviews:

Lakland’s list price on the Joe Osborn Skyline 5-string (without a case or gigbag) is $1,499, and the street price (e.g., Bass Central) is around $1,100 with gig bag. My price is $825 plus insured UPS ground shipping (at cost).

Payment by postal money order or personal check (allow 10 days for personal check to clear).

Don't miss this chance to own a beautiful and superb-sounding 5-string bass at a very affordable price!

2. RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Bump with another photo:

3. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Any interest in a Shure ULXP wireless in mint condition w/ rack kit, optional front mount antenae kit and Dunlop transmitter bag? It's been used on one gig and 2 rehearsals. I paid close to $900 with options. Lists for over $1200.00. Absolutely a fantasic wireless. Pro specs! One of the few that handle a Low B. I would not get rid of it but I need another 5er. Let me know either way!

4. RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks, but I already have a Sennheiser wireless that meets my needs.
  5. jazzercountry

jazzercountry Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Did you get my offer on this one? I'm ready to go on it, just waiting to hear back from you.

6. RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    My scale isn't the greatest. I get 10.5 lbs. when I stand the bass by itself on the scale and touch it just enough to prevent from falling. When I weigh myself with and without the bass in hand, the weight seems to vary from 9 to 11 lbs.
  7. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    any interest in letting go of just the tort pickguard? I have a JO5 sb/maple, and I dig the look!

8. Dane, you got me thinking about this one again. I'm the guy just south of you that traded some emails about this one......
  9. RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Tom -

You just have to get over that rosewood fixation of yours and then you'll love this bass ;) . The JO5 sounds even less bright than it did when we traded emails since I've put a set of JO flats on.
  10. PLZ check it.. :)