1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2003 Rick Turner Renaissance 5 Black Acacia Fretted

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleeplessknight, Jul 17, 2019.

1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Price:
    $1599
    Strings:
    Hand-built US Rick Turner Renaissance Fretted 5-string bass.

Lightweight (6.5 lbs, per the bathroom scale) chambered Black Acacia body with a satin finish.

Graphite-reinforced maple neck has 21 frets (rare; these basses are usually fretless), and a sleek feel. The piezo pickup and active Turner preamp system give a variety of tonal options - everything from 'warm growl' to 'almost upright bass-like'. Absolutely sounds and plays as good as it looks.

The bass does come with the (in)famous Rick Turner strap-extension 'dingus' (pictured) to help combat neck-dive. The truss-rod cover is not original. There is a superficial crack on the plastic around the input jack. This bass is a player - the usual amount of dings and scapes that one would expect on a 16 year old instrument. "Used but not abused" is the operative phrase. It was plek'd by Mike Lull in 2017, and is strung with Labella Black Tapewound strings.

Price includes shipping in the CONUS. I suspect (but cannot prove) that the fingerboard is rosewood, and as such I won't ship outside the US (sorry fans of exotic instruments elsewhere on the planet, blame the CITES people). I accept payment through Paypal, Bitcoin/Ethereum, or US Postal Money Order.

Attached Files:

2. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Wow what a beauty! What is thecscale length, nut width and string spacing at the bridge?

Thanks

3. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Great questions! Looks to be a 35" scale length, 1.75" nut, and a variety of string-spacing differences. To wit:
    Between B->E: 14.5mm
    E->A: 14.5mm
    A->D: 15mm
    D->G: 15mm

4. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks for the info! This is tempting......I never played a 35” scale

sleeplessknight likes this.