1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2004 CAR Lakland DJ4/Aeros/Maple/8 lbs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Halegroove, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Halegroove

Halegroove Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    I was letting my Sadowsky 5 go but since the market is slow I'm now throwing this beauty into the mix to speed up the fundraising flow.
    Heavily desired CAR color with a maple board, Aero pickups and light as a feather too. What more do you want?

It's true you can get DJ4s again, but not these DJ4's.
    Comes with Lakland SKB hardshell.

There is one ding on this bass that is seen on the edge of the headstock below the Darryl Jones signature. Does have the normal swirls that comes with normal wear. Sorry about the smudges. I should have given it a better wipe down.

No issues with this bass.

Only trades will have to include a 35" scale Zon 5 string with of course money from me.

$[DEL]1050.00[/DEL] shipped conus/ now [DEL]$1025[/DEL] Just $995 shipped conus. SOLD!

Attached Files:

2. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    more pics

Attached Files:

3. Drool.

Grr.

4. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    A rare beauty bump.

5. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Dropped a discount on this bad boy. $1050 shipped

6. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Shouldn't last much longer...

7. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    I read a thread that said there were less than 30 of these CAR finishes made and less than half of those were with a maple fretboard. Couple that with a mere 8 lbs DJ4 with Aeros and that makes it cream of the crop and very rare.

8. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    OK $1025 now. I'm gonna make this real easy by dropping price on it again. Don't let someone jump in front of you on this one.

9. Damn!!!:crying:

10. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    Wow! If I could play like Halegroove.........I'd add this beauty to my collection!

11. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19

I can back that up. I have one of these myself and I asked Lakland about their rarity. I was told a total of 30 CAR's with 10 of those having a maple board. With this ad I think I've now seen four and played two of them!

Good luck with the sale!

12. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Wow! Only 10 CAR's made with maple boards and this one is 8 lbs? Now I'm thinking about keeping it! Thanks for the confirmation Moduman.

13. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah don't get rid of it. I JUST bought back my first lakland--a 2008 DJ AC model. I love it way too much, and still I'd consider trading you and throwing in a few bucks for this bass ;)

keep-it!keep-it! everyone now: keep-it!

14. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Last Effort before giving up. $995 shipped conus...............you guys are killing me. Where's all the Lakie Club members? Hey, I know money is tight right now. Just kidding ya a little bit.

15. This is so tempting!

16. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    Ridiculous steal. Maybe I should get it and start cornering the market? Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

(kidding, but I wish I could)

Between the rarity and the weight (if Skylines have an issue, weight is usually it) you have a special bass there. Maybe consider holding onto it until you get the price you want?

17. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Yep. Looks like the market is forcing me to keep this one, which isn't a bad thing.

18. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Responded to pm

19. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Pm regarding weight responded.

20. Halegroove

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Just to clarify bass weighs only 8lbs according to digital bathroom scale that's less than 6 months old. I weighed it twice before listing and then again upon request yesterday. It's dead on 8 every time.