1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 2004 Fender American Deluxe Jazz FMT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by KevinMG, Mar 26, 2019.

1. KevinMG

KevinMG Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fender American Deluxe Jazz FMT - Bing Cherry Transparent / Rosewood

Here's a rare Bing Cherry model ADJ FMT. I tried to capture the flame top in a few different lightings (sorry for all the reflections). This is one fantastic sounding and playing bass. 100% stock original. Compared to my regular American Deluxe with the same pickups, the flame top seems to bring some extra juice to the tone - punchier and a little more full spectrum. As many have said about the SCN pickups, I think they have a dark growl with a modern clarity to them. I love this bass, but I need to free up some cash.

I bought this from The Bass Place in 2006 as a demo model. I was told it was a NAMM piece that they bought after the show. I purchased it knowing it had several small dings in the body, and I unfortunately put a couple of my own on it (see pics). It is otherwise in fantastic shape for its age. I'm a non-gigging hobbyist with more basses than I can play. It was my primary bass for a couple of years, but mostly sits in a case in my non-smoking home since I got my P-bass back in 2013. It originally shipped in a faux suede gig bag but I'm including a creme G&G hard case for protection.

EDIT: Weighs 9 lbs on my bathroom scale.

Asking $1200, shipped (continental US only)
    Includes G&G case pictured and the Schaller strap locks

fullsizeoutput_18ca.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_18e8.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1900.jpeg fullsizeoutput_18ca.jpeg fullsizeoutput_18d0.jpeg fullsizeoutput_18e8.jpeg fullsizeoutput_18e7.jpeg fullsizeoutput_18d1.jpeg fXhm8OFlQwS7yv%pzl2iaQ.jpg b5YqDtrPQimKBJTmvIZwIg.jpg fullsizeoutput_18ff.jpeg q2LrQFxKQb+WDoOj6WpePA.jpg Hwd0kFaaQ+m3MrnSQgpG9A.jpg BDZGm%A+Qe6rFWzpIOIlwQ.jpg 7n4XTq1RR9WQwVrwbN0p3g.jpg fullsizeoutput_18f1.png fullsizeoutput_18f3.png Xq1mZKLxT+GNKE10S+2ArA.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Relsom, Malak the Mad and barrybass33 like this.
  2. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Received a few questions today so I thought I'd post the specs for those who may not be as familiar with this series. The 2004 model year was when they switched to the new SCN pickups.

American Deluxe Jazz Bass QMT & FMT
    • Available in both 4-String and 5-String models
    • Body: Premium Alder with Bent Figured Maple Top
    • Neck: Graphite Reinforced Maple, Modern "C" Shape with Satin Polyurethane Finish
    • Rosewood or Maple Fingerboard(9.5" Radius/241 mm)
    • 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
    • Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
    • Width @ Nut: 1.500" (38 mm)
    • Gold Plated Hardware
    • Deluxe Gold Plated Steel Bridge Plate, (Strings-Thru-Body or Top Load), with Gold Plated Brass Saddles
    • 2 Dual-Coil SCN (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless) Jazz Bass Pickups
    • Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
    • Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot, 3-Band Active EQ with: Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave. Mid Boost/Cut: +10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope. Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave.
    • Colors: Amber, Bing Cherry Transparent, Tobacco Sunburst
    • $2199.99 U.S. Suggested Retail

3. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Sold on Reverb.