1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD 2004 Fender American Deluxe Precision V (ADPV) - PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by KevinMG, May 17, 2017.

1. KevinMG

KevinMG Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Price:
    $1250
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my well cared for Fender American Deluxe Precision V (ADPV) in Amber Transparent with Pau Ferro fingerboard. I've sold it here before and bought it back a year later, and as the first bass I ever ordered brand new it has a special place with me. But I gave into the G.A.S. after a very long time and bought something I've wanted a long while. So I've decided to sell off a few basses to scale back what doesn't get used and fund the new arrival. No trades - straight sale only... unless you're from Sweetwater and authorized to credit my sale. :)

You know these babies are rare! And this one is in fantastic shape since it never leaves my smoke free home (well, except for these pics) and hasn't seen much play time. With the exception of a small finish chip on the battery compartment (because it's wedged in so tight!) and a tiny ding on the back belly curve, this is rather minty for a 13 year old bass. Everything works as it should and the electronics are quiet. It's wearing a slightly played in set of D'Addario XL 170s and set up nicely. Weighs in at a comfortable 9.6 lbs.

Fender discontinued these beauties in 2007 and they've developed a bit of a cult following here. This one is completely stock. Has a wonderful feeling neck and the pau ferro has begun to age nicely. Extremely stable neck that has barely needed adjustments as I've moved West to East and back several times in 14 years. Great tone - modern but not too modern. It has the 18v preamp, 4+1 tuner arrangement and string retainers across all strings. Great clarity for a Fender and the B string is very clear. This is some of Fender's best work outside the custom shop. It has schaller strap lock buttons on it that were standard at the time, and I'll include the strap side locks in the case.

Asking $1400 $1250 shipped to the lower 48, packed in a brown / orange plush G&G hardshell case. And again, please, no trades will be considered - straight sale only.

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG IMG_0575.JPG fullsizeoutput_f71.jpeg IMG_0578.JPG fullsizeoutput_f70.jpeg IMG_0580.JPG IMG_0584.JPG IMG_0585.JPG IMG_0588.JPG IMG_0589.JPG IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0654.JPG

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Now available on Reverb. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it so PM me for the link. I've heard from some that they offer convenient payment options.

3. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Price reduced to $1250. Lots of interest... let's make a deal!

4. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Wow

KevinMG likes this.
  5. allanmac00

allanmac00 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2006
    How hasn't nobody bought this yet?

KevinMG likes this.
  6. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Thank you for your good vibe! This just sold on reverb.

allanmac00 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021