1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2004 Fender CIJ Precision 62 Reissue - MINT, Many Photos - P Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lichtaffen, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    SOLD

Here's a 2004 '62 Reissue "Crafted in Japan" Fender Precision Bass in MINT condition. I bought this from a TB'er about a year ago. I haven't put a scratch on her and neither had the previous owner. It weighs a light 7.5 lbs. (rechecked on a digital scale). Everything is all original. It comes with a pretty nice soft case with velvet lining (not a gig bag) in good condition that I got with the original purchase. It's strung with Labella Jamerson Flats (very new) which give it that nice vintage P bass thump. I can switch them with a newish set of TI Jazz Flats if that's what you prefer.

The neck is unbelievable and plays so smooth. It has the vintage frets which makes it ultra fast (to me, at least). The nut width is 1 11/16 inches. I put this next to a American made 62 Reissue and I almost couldn't tell the difference. The tuners are the Gotoh vintage style without the tapered posts.

Price is a very reasonable $700 which includes free shipping to the 48 states. These are going for $822.00 (Buy it now price) on eBay at the moment, but don't forget the $120 shipping costs from Japan in the fine print. Also, the ones on eBay don't come with cases.

This is the actual bass in the photos. Sorry the photos are huge, but I wanted to show how mint this bass is.

4454705930_c1e8fd2a70_b.png
    4453925613_c7645917e3_b.png
    4454706034_b76611a182_b.png
    4453925891_c60aa3c45d_b.png
    4453925653_33d238ab71_b.png
    4454705974_e2820f9788_b.png
    4454706070_64a8bb8021_b.png

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Beautiful photos of a beautiful bass! :cool:

3. I'll second that....beautiful bass.

4. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Thanks guys. Now stop it before I change my mind and keep it. :)

5. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    You say 1.5" at the nut but the '62 should be 1.75" at the nut, no?

6. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    You are absolutely correct. My mistake. I'll change the description.

7. My CIJ '62RI has a 1.625" neck at the nut. My USA '62RI is 1.75".

8. JGintheHam

JGintheHam Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Cumming, GA
    Mike Lull endorsing artist
    Randy, did you by any chance grow up in Stone Mountain on Navarre Drive in the 70s? If so, I took piano lessons from your mom and we used to listen to records in your room.

Jeff Gray

9. No.........must be a different RB.

10. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I thought the USA 62RI had a 1 11/16" nut.

11. See Specs HERE.

12. That's a purdy little thang.

Coupla questions:

1) Could you please re-measure the neck width at the nut?
    2) Did you ever get an accurate weight?
    3) At some point, Fender Japan changed from MIJ to CIJ. They also changed to those skinny-post tuners. Are these the skinny ones or are the tuning posts the same diameter as your USA 62?

Thanks,

Randy

13. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Answers to Randy's questions:

1) I'll measure it again when I get home tonight.
    2) Not the most accurate bathroom scale, but it's hovering around 8.5 lbs. I'll see if I can get a more accurate scale.
    3) The neck heel says "Crafted in Japan". I don't have the USA 62 anymore, but I'm almost positive the tuning posts are the same diameter.

14. Some of the CIJ's have the regular tuners....some have the skinny.

The regular post is 9/16" in diameter; the skinny post is 7/16" in diameter.

Thanks.

Randy

15. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    These tuners are the Gotoh Vintage tuners and the same as the tuners on my CIJ 62RI Jazz. The Gotoh Vintage tuners have 9/16' posts. Hopefully this helps.

BTW, a great looking CIJ 62RI!

16. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Thanks, Flewis.

Here's the real deal on this bass, I remeasured and reweighed last night with a better scale. I apologize for my earlier inaccuracies.

Weight is 7.5 lbs.
    Neck width at nut is 1 11/16 inches
    The tuners are the vintage type with no taper. Not reversed, unlike the USA 62 P. Definitely not the skinny type.
    The case, as I mentioned before, is a soft case with lots of velvet padding. Not a gig bag, but not a hard case. It's a pretty nice case. Not in perfect condition, but no rips either.

I've had a lot of offers, but I have to be firm on the $700 cash price. I personally believe it's worth every penny and I know you'll be very pleased with it. The only reason for selling it is because I bought a USA Lakland Bob Glaub and I want to pay it off.

17. panzerjp

panzerjp

Dec 28, 2008
    A Free Bump for this beauty!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

18. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    This is a GREAT bass at an amazingly fair price. If I didn't need to get an amp, I would buy it right now. Good luck -

19. bassman1987

bassman1987

Dec 1, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Any trades?

20. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Sorry, I gotta pass on trades. I'm trying to dramatically thin the herd. Thanks for the offer.

Latitude94941 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.