Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD 2004 G&L SB2 Trans Orange Like New

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pgurns, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    OK heres the deal. I just bought this bass and it looks and sounds awesome. It's trans orange color with a creme colored pickguard. This bass is like new. It stil has the plastic film stuff on the pickguard. It comes with all the original paperwork, Certificate of authenticity, Blank warranty card, wrenches, original hard shell case. Oh yeah forgot to mention it has a gun oil tinted quarter sawn neck.

Why would I be getting rid of such a perfect bass...? Well Try as I might I just can't get used to the slim Jazz neck ( 1 1/2" )
    I had a JB2 and an ASAT both gorgeous but they had the same slim neck, you think I woulda learned.:crying:

I can send pics via email to any who are interested. In the meantime here is the link to the EBay auction that I bought it on. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7392043143&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

2. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I just noticed I forgot to put a price. I know I may lose some money on this but if it gets to bad I'll just keep it. I payed 750 I suppose I can go tto 700 but run any trade or cash offers by me, as long as the trade has a wider neck, who knows

3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Nice bass - I'd offer up my gold Rumblefish PJ but it's neck is about the same size as the SB-2.

4. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Yeah I tried a bunch of 1 1/2 wide necks and just can't get used to them. But thanks

Also Bump for another pic :smug:

5. Still in the market for an L1000? PM sent.

Tom

6. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Yup. PM replied

7. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    That bass is amazing. I love orange!

8. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL

Thanks. Let's work on making it yours :) :bassist: :)

9. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    I love orange. I hate pickguards though! will be a fab bass for the right person!

10. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Miss yours already Craig? I sure am diggin it!

11. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Is this still available or did it sell on Ebay? I have several LB-100's (G&L p-bass) to trade, or at $700 I would be interested.

Thanks,

Andy

12. Paul, pics of the L1000 were emailed yesterday - did you get them?

13. THAT IS SUCH A NICE BASS! AGH!!!

14. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Yup I got them and responded.

15. My bad - junk mail filter had sucked it out of Inbox - I've responded.

16. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    All PM"s replied to

17. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I guess I need to move this to the Bay with my SB 1
    I'd rather a fellow TB'er get it so please feel free to run any offers by me. I am in a spot financially due to recent purchases, and with the narrow neck on this one I just won't be playing it much, so I would rather have it go to someone who will. I'm listening to any reasonable offer at this point.

18. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    All PM"s replied to. As it stands now the best offer is about 680 bucks shipped in USA. BUT, No one has sent the cashola out yet, so first person to match or beat that (and actually send the money) gets the bass.

I just want to be clear that I'm not treating this like an auction and pitting one TB'er against another. Although I had offers no one has actually paid yet. The first person to actually make good on the offer gets the bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.