2004 Ibanez Roadgear RB500SB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by weeding, Aug 23, 2005.

1. weeding

May 17, 2005
    Went into the music store today, after ringing up to discover that my OLP MM2 would not arrive for another week. I was immensely fed up with waiting for the bass, and this was the third delay, making it over a month of undue waiting. However, one of the guys in the shop (excellent shop - World of Music Hobart) suggested I have a look at an Ibanez road gear (a 2004 model). After giving it a play through a variety of amps, I decided that it was definitely a very nice bass guitar, nicer than the OLP. Thr price was normally A$850 but I managed A$599 - A$200 more than the OLP, but what the hell. Even poor students only live once :rolleyes:
    I've only got my gutless, sound=poo practice amp at the moment, but on Wednesday I'll have my proper 150w Ashton back. The bass plays really quite nicely, being equally suited to both finger style and slap and the humbucker and J pickup match nicely with the two band EQ for some really fat sounds. Just wondering how many other road gear owners there are on the forums, what they thought of their and if they could please find me a copy of the manual... please

Never though I'd do it but.....(help me) ROCK ON :bassist: IBANEZ :bassist:
  2. Are you sure it's a RDGR500 because at my store its 379$

and everywhere else I go maybe its an RD900
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    He could be in another country, so you have to take currency conversion into effect ;). I dunno if that's the case - he doesn't have his location filled out :p.
    That's all I gots to add.

4. flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    That's Aussie prices guys, Hobart's in Australia! :)

Although i agree that people should fill out their location to avoid this confusion! :cool:
  5. SmittyG

Dec 24, 2003
    Texarkana, Texas
    I have the 5-string version of that bass. I've never been a huge fan on the Ibanez stuff. The really high-end stuff seems pretty cool, but I thought there was better in that price range. The stuff down where I could afford it just didn't do much for me. But I have been trying 5's for a while and I just couldn't find one that really spoke to me.

A buddy who owns a local music store got the RD505 in and suggested I try it out. I was a little put off with the idea at first but he was positive the string spacing and the hot pups would fit what I was after. He told me to take it for a week and try it at a couple of practices and gigs. If I liked it, great. If not, no loss on my part.

After one practice and one gig, I went in and paid for the thing. It is now my main gigging bass. Since then, I have picked up an Ibanez 4-banger that I mainly take to the jams my band hosts and a 12-string acoustic guitar for my folk side. I've definitely changed my mind about the mid and lower priced Ibanez gear.