SOLD 2004 Ken Smith Elite with Cocobolo top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joseph Mai, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Joseph Mai

Joseph Mai Inactive

Feb 23, 2017
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is one Beautiful Smith Elite bass. 5-piece maple and walnut through-neck with 24-fret ebony board and quilted maple veneer in back. Walnut body wings with cocobolo top and headstock veneers.

Near-mint condition curentltly set up with Ken Smith round-wound strings. Pickups are dual-coil Smiths, with series/parallel mini-toggles for each, noise-free on either setting. 3-band Smith BMT 18V preamp. Controls: master volume (push-pull active/passive), blend, and bass, mid and treble boost/cut. DIP switches in the cavity allow for four different frequency/bandwidth settings for each tone control. Gold hardware without visible tarnish.

Weight is 9 lbs 7ounces.
    IMG_9120.JPG IMG_9121.JPG IMG_9122.JPG IMG_9123.JPG IMG_9125.JPG IMG_9126.JPG IMG_9127.JPG IMG_9129.JPG
    Comes with original case and case candy. $4200 CONUS.

2. red_rhino

red_rhino Artful Dodger Gold Supporting Member

Wow. You almost never see something like this in a 4-string. Beautiful! :thumbsup:

Joseph Mai likes this.
  3. satchelbaglio

satchelbaglio Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Richmond, B.C.
    I have the same bass 2009 and a 5 string. Nicest sounding bass i have ever played.
    GLWS

Joseph Mai likes this.
  4. Joseph Mai

Joseph Mai Inactive

Feb 23, 2017
    I hate to see it go!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021