TRADED 2004 Modulus FB5 - Funk Unlimited

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    Price:
    $2550
    Strings:
    Canada
    2004 Modulus Flea Bass 5, aka "Funk Unlimited" (though back then it was still marketed as a Flea signature). Alder body, graphite neck with truss rod, Seymour Duncan custom shop pickups, Bartolini 3-band EQ, Gotoh style tuners, and Hipshot B Bridge. 17mm string spacing at the bridge, and the total nut measurement is around 1.75".

Killer modern bass sound, very focus and has sustains that could last for days. I recently had it set up and stringed with a brand new set of D'Addario Nickel.

In terms of the condition, it's very near mint shape, I would give it a 95%+ condition rating. All I could find was a very thin line of paint chip by the edge of fingerboard and some minor scratches on the bottom of the bass, which I had a hard time capturing with my phone. Otherwise, this bass is like new. Will be shipped with the original Modulus hardshell case.

TRADED! $2550USD shipped lower 48 USA & Canada. Payment with Cash, Postal MO, PayPal or Interac e-Transfer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  2. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Very tempting.............hmmmmmmmm

Bassology likes this.
  3. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Gorgeous! I made some nice recordings on a 4-string Flea back in 99-00. Probably the nicest neck I had played up until that time. I never got the opportunity to play a fiver. Could you please post the string spacing, nut width, and weight? Thanks!

nuage420b likes this.
  4. VTbassplayer

VTbassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Northampton, MA
    I also have a 2004 Modulus Funk Unlimited 5 and without question it’s the best sounding bass I’ve ever owned. Tonight I was playing it, my EBMM Stingray, and EBMM Sterling Classic... all great basses, but that Modulus... the feel, the warmth, it just sounds incredible! GLWTS

daddymactx and Bassology like this.
  5. saint recon

saint recon

Apr 14, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    Man, whatta beauty. I've been playing a silver sparkle 4-string Flea Bass since 2000. I hope you get full price, but if not, let a brother know! =)

klyph and Bassology like this.
  6. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Did these basses have the asymmetrical necks like the Quantums?

7. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    I am not sure, but I did once own a Quantum 5 (w/ trussrod), and I honestly don't notice that much of a difference in the neck profiles between the two, except my old Q5 had a 35" scale neck.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  8. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    WHAT????????????????????????????????? BIG PRICE DROP??????? GLWTS!!!

Bassology likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022