Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2004 No. Amer. Int'l Auto Show

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by malthumb, Jan 10, 2004.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I went to the Industry Preview Day this past Thursday and snapped a few pictures. Enjoy...

2004 NAIAS

Peace,

James

2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Cool Car! I immediately think 1969 Boss when I see this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    The Chevy Cobalt is replacing the Cavalier. The SS version, like the one seen here, will have a 200hp 2.0L Supercharged 4 cyl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    They called this the Four-Twelve. Four turbochargers on a V12.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Saturn is calling their performance line of vehicles "Red Line" because they're more fun when you rev 'em up close to the red line. This one is the ION RAD Coupe Red Line. RAD stands for Rear Access Door. It's basically a two door coupe with swing out half-doors for rear seat access. Honda does something similar with the Element. The ION Red Line has a supercharged 2.0L making 200 hp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    For those who aren't aware, Bentley is the slightly less expensive, sportier sister line of cars to Rolls Royce. I'd take this sweetheart over ANY Rolls Royce I have ever seen. Looks like a car to be driven as opposed to one to be chauffered in.

[​IMG]

7. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Ummmm.....who do I send my deposit check to? Not certain if the rear view mirror placement in the roof liner is production intent, but it sure looks cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I've already spent so much time with these over the past year and a half, I almost passed on taking these pictures. I had to remember that most other people haven't been around them yet.

The sad thing is, I did not take any pictures of the 2005 Corvette. Same thing. I've been around the car so much that it doesn't seem new to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Ford will definitely be producing these. They just announced pricing last week. $139,995. Wonder what my wife's discount on this would be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I mistakenly identified this as a Mercedes AMG in my photo album. AMG usually does the specialty Benzos. In any event, this is my "just won the lotto" car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    What's a car show without a Ferrari or two? This is the latest intro from the prancing horse guys. Note the large paddles on either side of the steering wheel. Those are Formula car type gear shifters. We put something similar (though much smaller) on top end Pontiac Grand Prix models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. aaaaaaaaaaah

its a parade of red X's!!!

:smug:

you may return to the malthumb show now :D

13. The 300N and the Magnum are neato rides. Very intentional corners in the sheet metal. Headlights that aren't afraid to be seen.

Great pics mal.

14. yeah, all i see are red x's :confused:

15. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't see those things.

Maybe if they designed things better, I would have a higher opinion of them.....

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    No pics of the new VW Golf? For shame... ;)

17. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    All I can suggest is give it a few minutes and try again. The Yahoo picture hosting site gets a bit quirky from time to time.

Peace,

James

18. yah, i just went to your link and looked through the album, very nice cars!

oh yeah, very nice basses too! :D