1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD 2004 Samuel Shen SB200 SPECIAL FLASH SALE $2500 UNTIL NOV 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by MortuBass, May 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    Strings:
    This lovely beast got me through my bachelor's degree and now I'm looking to sell for an upgrade.

Please message with any questions or request for more pictures, but I'll try to list as many details as I can here.

-has had extensive repair and has been checked over many times by the wonderful Tom Wolf in Virginia
    -has a drilled hole for a rabbath style endpin (comes with angle-adjustable endpin created by Tom Wolf)
    -This hole does not affect the sound or performance in any way and can be plugged or ignored if not needed.
    -some wear, because willow is such a soft wood, but in great condition regardless
    -comes with Realist Double Bass Pickup
    -comes with Hipshot FreeRange Extender installed on the E string (I love this thing) easy to uninstall
    -includes padded, black case (not sure of brand)
    -includes bass wheel, straight endpin, concert mute, practice mute, bass bib
    -includes KC strings bass stool/stand
    -includes xeros upright bass endpin anchor
    -all accessories can be included or not depending on need

Price includes case and all accessories.
    Local pickup in Ann Arbor, MI.
    Willing to talk pick up location and price if someone is seriously interested.

DSCN1281.JPG DSCN1284.JPG DSCN1285.JPG

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  2. Price reduced from 5000 to 4000! This guy really needs a new home!
    I am willing to extend my drop off/meet up range!
    I am not sure if this is allowed, but please email [email protected] or call 734.757.5386 with inquiries!

3. Are you up for International shipping?

4. ^responded to PM
    Still available!

5. Do you have any recordings of the bass?

6. I own a 2004 SB200 maple model; the top looks identical to this one in terms of grain width and varnish. It is a remarkable instrument!

MortuBass likes this.
  7. KJPbop

KJPbop

Aug 8, 2008
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Greetings! What is the string length; does the bass have a D or Eb neck? Thanks, KJPbop

8. The neck is actually kind of short, ends around c/c#. I've been meaning to get an extension but I never got around to it.

9. Price drop to $3000 really trying to get this off my hands before I move!

seang15 likes this.
  10. KJPbop

KJPbop

Aug 8, 2008
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Greetings! String length is the measurement from the top of the bridge to the nut at the top of the fingerboard. To determine D or Eb neck: with your thumb behind the neck, allow your thumb to run down the neck until it stops at the crook ( or break) of the neck. The note that is played by your first finger when it is opposite your thumb on the G string is either a D or Eb. This information will help a serious buyer who has another bass determine whether or not the 2 instruments would be compatible. This has nothing to do with an extension. When are you leaving Ann Arbor?

11. It's a D neck.
    The string length is 42 inches.
    I hope to sell the bass before September

12. NicG

NicG

Aug 22, 2016
    Hi,
    Is this bass still for sale?

13. Indeed it is! You can call me at 734.757.5386 or email me at [email protected] if you're interested!

14. Just thought I'd add seller is great to deal with!

15. rickwolff

rickwolff Supporting Member

Try putting the Incredible price in the headline.

If I didn't already own and love this model I'd be in the car on the way to your place right now.

Good luck with the sale. Excellent bass at a Killer price.

seang15 likes this.
  16. Thank you so much! I am veryyyyy sad to be selling it so I hope it find a nice new home!

csrund likes this.
  17. Entonem

Entonem

Feb 22, 2006
    Triangle, VA
    What do you mean by extensive repair, how was the bass damaged and do you have pictures that show the repair, thanks.

18. Yes! So!
    I bought the bass second hand when I was in high school. There was a large crack on the bottom of the bass from c-bout to c-bout. It was repaired, so I didn't give it much thought. However, the repair failed and the crack reopened when I was in college. Tom Wolf was a close friend of my mentor, so I took my bass to him for some much needed care. He took apart my whole bass and repaired the crack as well as giving it a general tune up. He used linen strips to reinforce his repair and he told me I should never have to worry about the crack opening up again and that it does not in any way effect the sound of the bass. I haven't had a problem with it since.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  19. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    What is the string length on it?

20. Did you read post #11?

MortuBass likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021