Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2004 Spector Euro 4 @ GC in Houston, TX Westheimer Rd.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markfsanderson, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Guys and Gals,
    When I purchased some strings at the Guitar Center on Westheimer in Houston, TX; I spied what appeared to be a Spector Euro 4 (NOT the LX) for $1049.99 US. Not as good as my $639.99 deal about 8 months ago, but still a very good deal for a great bass. I took a cursory look over the bass, and I couldn't find anything wrong with it at all. We were in a hurry, so I didn't have a chance to play it. It was definitly used as a display bass, as told my some very minor (<2mm) dings on the reverse with minor surface scratching there as well. You might be able to talk them down . . . .

Let me know if anyone here picks it up . . .

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

2. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    It's funny, I work right by that GC but I rarely go in. Last time I was there I played around with a Spector Rebop 5-string and I actually liked it quite a bit.

3. If anybody see's a LX pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese tell me, its a goddess amoung basses. ;)

4. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    From what I understand, GC is not going to carry the Euro anymore. They will stock a lesser line ( legend I think). Anyway I played a Euro five at GC for about a month; the price was 1,399.00. At the end of that month I went in to the store and saw the same bass on clearance for 999.00, that was the last time I saw it. The manager said that they were not going to carry them anymore.

5. They have a Rebop there as well . . the Euro 4 appears to be a new addition . . I hadn't seen it there before . . .

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Do they have any 5's? I've never seen any decent Spectors at any Houston GC's, only in Austin and the Metroplex. Are they d/c'ing the whole Spector line, or just the LX's, or what?

7. RSB,
    This wasn't an LX, it was a 2004 Euro - just like mine. Hasa the AAA maple, fully active P/J EMG + Spector Tonepump, MOP inlays and neck-thru . . . I believe that the price could be negotiated for cash . . .

The Euro 4 style like I have is no longer made. It was said(perhaps true) that they were too similar to the American Spectors except @ 1/2 the price(or less). American Spector 4 does have AAAA instead of AAA maple . . . Only the LX is made today I believe . . no MOP inlay and no maple. Could be wrong on the specifics.

I can tell you that I absolutely love mine . . . much more than I needed for a beginners guitar . . . Here is the story!

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

8. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

I guess that could account for their used market prices jumping a good $100 since last time I had mine (last summer). Yeah I really liked my NS5 Euro, but it had some neck/truss rod problems, so I sold it and got a Lakland 55-02, and really now want a Spector again. Prolly drop in some Bart soaps just to more appease my tonal desires nowadays and maybe a new pre, depending on what's in it. I need to call down to Austin and see what they have on display.