1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2004 Spector Euro 4 @ GC in Houston, TX Westheimer Rd.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markfsanderson, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Guys and Gals,
    When I purchased some strings at the Guitar Center on Westheimer in Houston, TX; I spied what appeared to be a Spector Euro 4 (NOT the LX) for $1049.99 US. Not as good as my $639.99 deal about 8 months ago, but still a very good deal for a great bass. I took a cursory look over the bass, and I couldn't find anything wrong with it at all. We were in a hurry, so I didn't have a chance to play it. It was definitly used as a display bass, as told my some very minor (<2mm) dings on the reverse with minor surface scratching there as well. You might be able to talk them down . . . .

Let me know if anyone here picks it up . . .

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

2. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    It's funny, I work right by that GC but I rarely go in. Last time I was there I played around with a Spector Rebop 5-string and I actually liked it quite a bit.

3. If anybody see's a LX pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese tell me, its a goddess amoung basses. ;)

4. seansbrew

seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    From what I understand, GC is not going to carry the Euro anymore. They will stock a lesser line ( legend I think). Anyway I played a Euro five at GC for about a month; the price was 1,399.00. At the end of that month I went in to the store and saw the same bass on clearance for 999.00, that was the last time I saw it. The manager said that they were not going to carry them anymore.

5. They have a Rebop there as well . . the Euro 4 appears to be a new addition . . I hadn't seen it there before . . .

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Do they have any 5's? I've never seen any decent Spectors at any Houston GC's, only in Austin and the Metroplex. Are they d/c'ing the whole Spector line, or just the LX's, or what?

7. RSB,
    This wasn't an LX, it was a 2004 Euro - just like mine. Hasa the AAA maple, fully active P/J EMG + Spector Tonepump, MOP inlays and neck-thru . . . I believe that the price could be negotiated for cash . . .

The Euro 4 style like I have is no longer made. It was said(perhaps true) that they were too similar to the American Spectors except @ 1/2 the price(or less). American Spector 4 does have AAAA instead of AAA maple . . . Only the LX is made today I believe . . no MOP inlay and no maple. Could be wrong on the specifics.

I can tell you that I absolutely love mine . . . much more than I needed for a beginners guitar . . . Here is the story!

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

8. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

I guess that could account for their used market prices jumping a good $100 since last time I had mine (last summer). Yeah I really liked my NS5 Euro, but it had some neck/truss rod problems, so I sold it and got a Lakland 55-02, and really now want a Spector again. Prolly drop in some Bart soaps just to more appease my tonal desires nowadays and maybe a new pre, depending on what's in it. I need to call down to Austin and see what they have on display.