1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2004 Tacoma Thunder Chief 4 string fretted CB10C Price Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dirk Diggler, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Price:
    $700
    Strings:
    Tacoma Thunder Chief 4 string fretted CB10C. Serial research I can find says this is a 2004 model, September 16th, Bolt-On neck, 11 Daily, First Quality. This is about as just before the Fender takeover as possible, Fender bought them out the month after this one was made. Of course Made in the USA.

Plays and sounds great and everyone always mentions acoustic volume for a reason, it is loud no doubt.
    The frets are in great shape, neck nice and straight, all electronics/pickup works great, includes the original hard shell case. Has the original LR Baggs electronics.

Concerns: 1 tiny top ding, 1 fingernail size ding on the back of the neck, top has a visible line behind the bridge, no crack and it's been solid for the 3+ years I've owned it. See the pictures below for details. The case is scuffed in a few spots, and the back of the case is missing 2 of the plastic feet for laying it on it's back. All latches work great, I even have a key!

My price includes shipping/packing/insurance in the continental US only.

DSC_0004.jpg DSC_0002.jpg DSC_0005.jpg DSC_0006.jpg DSC_0014.jpg DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0007.jpg DSC_0009.jpg DSC_0010.jpg DSC_0011.jpg DSC_0012.jpg DSC_0013.jpg DSC_0001.jpg DSC_0003.jpg

Any questions, please let me know,
    Dirk

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Reedt2000 and elkkid2 like this.
  2. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    This is the loudest model acoustic bass I've ever heard and the only model I thought could legitimately hang with acoustic guitars

3. Thanks and yes indeed it is loud enough to compete with regular acoustic guitars. And it plays very smoothly too, you actually have to run your amp pretty loud to overcome the acoustic volume at your ear. :)

I find I have to record with headphones on to not play so wimpy.
    Dirk

Reedt2000 likes this.
  4. Nice!

5. Sold!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021