1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2004 Warwick Streamer Stage II Replacement

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPMcGuire, May 15, 2011.

1. JPMcGuire

JPMcGuire Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Hey everyone. I'm really considering putting up my streamer stage ii for sale and moving on to a new 5 string. Great bass I but the tone doesn't seem to go with the cover bands I'm playing in these days. So I always end up bringing my sadowsky rv4 or sometimes my old Rick 4001 which seem to both sit in the mix better than the Warwick. So I'm looking at??:

1). Modulus Quantum 5
    2). Sadowsky NYC 5 string (not sure of which wood options)
    3). Other higher end 5 string which can do cover bands to jazz that are light with a great neck.

2. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Any input is greatly appreciated!

3. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    Man I love the tone of my ss2 and pnut bass. Just keep the ss2 and take your sadowsky out for those gigs

4. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    My bass instructor gigs 4-5 nights a weeks in cover (R&B, Rock, Funk), jazz and original solo performances too. His basses of choice are 6 and 7 string Roscoes. I got to play his 7 string today. Nice and light, not much heavier than my 5 string Streamer Jazzman. The tone of his Roscoes are super clear and fat. 35 inch scale makes the B string tight and punchy. The fret boards are roomy with the 19mm string spacing. I have small hands so it was a big stretch for me to play. Very nice bass indeed.
    On the other hand. I love my Streamer Jazzman 5 string to death and find that with it's huge variety of tonal options it handles any cover style you can throw at it. It doesn't scream "I'm a Warwick!" like most of the other models do. I can when EQ'ed for it though.
    For me the only tone it doesn't get close enough too is a Pbass. A 5 string Pbass is the next bass on my horizon.
    Another excellent versatile option is the Lakland 5502. Incredible tonal options! I loved the sound of mine I just couldn't play the 19mm spacing with the 35" scale. It killed my small hands.

5. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Spector US Bolt-On (NS5-H2)... highly underrated and very versatile IMO and IME.

6. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    thanks guys. I'll take a look at the spector as well kspinesh. For solo bass, I really do like the stage ii. Great for chord style with the tight string spacing. My bass is perfectly balanced even though approching 10lbs.

7. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    did you buy the one from the classfieds?

8. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Thought about it, but I already have one. The rosewood neck was awfully tempting though.

9. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Tried the stage ii through my DB750'and new bergHS410. May want to keep it now. Awesome tone.