Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2005, Any disapointments?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by burk48237, Jan 2, 2006.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Are their any CD's or Music DVD's that came out in 05 that you were waiting for but found you were disappointed when you finally got a listen? For me there were two:

Marcus Miller Silver Rain, I like his jazz sensibilities even though he does occasional forays into "radio friendly" smooth stuff. But this one was a letdown, maybe it was the fairly unremarkable version of "Frankenstein" but I listened twice and buried it in my CD tower.

The Stevie Wonder: Don't even remember the title, I didn't purchase, but I listened too it about four times. Stevie does not NEED "Guest artist/rappers" to improve the quality of one of his efforts. At least with Carlos he can't sing, he has an excuse. Same for Earth Wind and Fire!

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Good question, my biggest disappointment this year was the new dEUS album. They used to make experimental rock, some of the best, if not the best belgian rock ever made, but a part of the group left and the singer continued on his own. Their previous album was pretty good, but it was released 6 years ago. Needless to say I was very excited about the new album. Massive media-attention, lots of publicity, but sadly a weak album. Come on, 6 years? Some of the best albums ever made have been written and recorded in 2 weeks! Maybe 3 or 4 good songs on a total of 12.

Plus, they succeeded in messing up the best track of their new album at their gig.

:scowl:

3. Dave Matthews Band - Stand Up

What a let down compared to some of their breathtaking stuff like Before These Crowded Streets and Busted Stuff or the Lillywhite Sessions.

4. His cover of 'Boogie On, Reggae Woman' was outstanding, however.