Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2005 bass/nature camp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Amastacatious, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Amastacatious

Amastacatious

Jul 20, 2005
    Is anyone else going? I got my acceptance letter and I'm so excited.

2. Achey

Achey

May 6, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    Man, I wish I was going.........

Only problem is that I live in Northern Ireland, and I am only 16, so travelling out to America to go to Vic's legendary camp just really isn't an option for me....

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I wish I was going. May I ask how much that set ya back?

4. yeah, what does it cost?

5. I'm also curious what it cost? And what you had to do in terms of audition/applying?

I've always thought the camp sounded like loads of fun... have a great time! :D

6. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    I got my acceptance letter, and I will be going.

Random luck that that weekend is the first weekend on my calendar right now that doesn't have at least one gig. So, I managed to keep it clear without having to upset anyone.

I'm pretty excited. Should be a great time.

7. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Yep, I'm going!

8. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN

A local bass player and really good friend of mine went last year. He always refers to it as "the best $1000 I ever spent," so I'm guessing it's around $1000.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, much better deal than NGW. For about $800 in fees, plus $200 in food from CVS to keep from eating that God-awful crap they serve, I could actually learn how to play BASS!

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm going to the BNC reunion camp in a week, ****.. I'm going to the BNC reunion camp in a week, ****... time ****ing flies, I need to get my **** together.

11. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Actually, it's around $650.

12. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA

Add in airline tickets, and it's gonna set me back about a grand. I feel damned good about it, though!!