Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2005 Chicago GTG RSVP Thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paintandsk8, Oct 14, 2005.

1. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Ok, if you didn't know yet we are now officially having a Chicago GTG on November 12th @ Bass Club Chicago. Time TBA. For more info look here. The purpose of this thread is to find out who all is planning to attend. I think we'd also like to know who is bringing what gear. Mad props to Warwickthumb for setting all this stuff up for us. As a final note, let's stick to the business at hand in this thread, if you have general discussion, questions, or ideas for the GTG please post in the other thread (linked above and stickied.) See you guys in November! :bassist:

I'll be bringing:

-Lakland "DPLE" JO4
    -Signature J-Bass
    -My latest EUB

2. Thanks Paintandsk8 I really appricated it. Hey i just wanted to see this happen. I was surprised to see that Chi - town didn't have a GTG. Ill be coming for sure. I don't have anything fancy. Just my trusty Fender J. Its never let me down. I got a decent rig. Furhman power conditioner, DBX compressor, Behringer Vamp pro, ampeg B2r, and a SWR 4x10 workingman combo. Im getting a nice promotion at work so Ill be getting better gear soon. Each job ive had pays more, so I more gets better as my job does. I really want to play that Fodera!!!!!!

3. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    I'm giving a tentative "yes" RSVP for now. There's a chance I may have to go to LA for work that weekend and won't know until that week.

Assuming I can get there, I can bring my rack which is a QSC PLX3402 and a Read Purity preamp.

Most of my basses are pretty pedestrian compared to other folks' stuff :p , but I could bring the Geddy with DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pups and a J-Retro preamp and/or a Jerry Jones Longhorn.

Cam, if nobody else is coming from the city, I might be able to swing down and pick you up.

4. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I'm also a tentative "yes" as long as work dosen't hinder me...

I'll be bringing the following...
    Modulus Flea (with minor hod-rodded electronics)
    Stingray
    '89 Fender P
    Hughes&Kettner BassBase 600

Anything else we need??

5. GTG starts at 3 o'clock

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Another tentative yes-there's no CSO concert that night so i shouldn't have to work.

There's also a good chance i'll be getting a ride there from a fellow TBer. If there's any extra room in his vehicle, i could bring my Ray5 and fretless SX j5 [i've got a levy's double gig bag for them].

7. I hope theres more TBer's then this coming. I'm hoping another certian TBer comes. I'd love to check out the amps he builds.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I will tentively say that I will be able to go. I can double check with all important parties to make sure I have that Sat. open, and I'll just stay with my folks for the weekend. If I do come, however, the best I have to offer is a Marcus Miller Jazz Bass and an American P-Bass. :ninja: Not as cool as some of the other stuff but hey... I'm poor.

Ooh, if anyone ever wanted to play with a Peavey BAM, I could bring that, too.

9. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Yet another tentative yes, I requested the day off from work but there's no telling if they give it to me or not. What I can bring is meager compared to everyone else. I only have one gig bag so I guess I can bring the LTD b-304, I just gave it a neck adjustment so it should be alright. The action on that thing was horrendous :meh: I think we're covered on amps so I'll leave my crappy little practice amp at home.

AuG

10. Hey don't worry about what gear you do or don't have. This isn't a muscle car show. The point is to meet one another and hopefully learn something from others experience. I have decent gear. I love my trusty jazz. Im going to end up buying the Elrick that Mark has at the shop. Still i can't forget my trusty Fender Jazz. I get compliments on it from other bassits. And its nothing special at all. Well its a green burst with pearloid pickguard.

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I should be there! Just don't expect me to play - I'm coming off yet another months-long bout of tendinitis and my usually sucky technique is even worse than usual.

Remember - I'm a gear slut with no talent!

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    OK, I may be bringing my rig after all - I'd like to check out a pair of Aggie GS112s against my current Bags.

So, I'll *probably* be bringing my Eden WT-550 and pair of Bag End S15-Ds and my Bongo or SR5. You just have to promise not to laugh at me.

13. I wouldn't worry about it. Were all bass players here. No ones there to criticize. We all have our strengths and weakness, and different experiences. We should learn from each other.

14. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Should be good to go. I have an audition at 1:00 on the southside, so this should work out nicely! Looking forward to meeting y'all.

15. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Oooh, hadn't seen this thread. I don't visit off topic enough.

I might be able to make it.

I can offer the presence of a schroeder 3101212 and my rack, and two cirrus 5's if anyone wants to check any of that out.

Just don't expect me to play, I have no chops, just too much gear :) Oh, and all my strings are kind of old :(

16. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Tentative "yes". I should be laying a wood floor down that day, but I might have to postpone that. :)

17. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Hey troll,

Mark at Bass Club (where the GTG is happenin) is a Schoeder dealer - you may want to check before schleppin' the big cab. I'm leaving mine at home, just because I figure he at least has 1210/1212s there.

But I'd dig trying the Cirri..... :ninja:

18. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I mentioned it because I recall another thread of someone going there and listing every cab BUT the 3101212 :)

19. I remember him showing me the Schroder cabs. I tried the Aguilars though. It's all high end stuff though. So I'm sure it all sounds good.

20. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I should be able to make it but I won't get there until around 4-4:30. How long will this last?

I can bring my Tune 6 string, a Cort/Elrick JPS5, maybe the SX75C, and my BBE Bmax rack setup. Don't laugh at my humble setup.