1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2005 Fireglo Rickenbacker 4003

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by knigel, Jun 13, 2016.

1. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    I'm the Squier of Fenderbirds
    Price:
    Strings:
    I recently picked up this Ric 4003, and while I love it, it's just not the bass for me (I'm always picking up my Gibson Triumph to knock around the house). I'm happy to have owned a 4003, but it's just going to sit in the closet, so on it goes. The condition is excellent, and all I have done is put on a fresh set of the proper gauge nickel strings. It didn't need a set up at all (you may want to do one to your taste). I'd call it a closet queen, but honestly I think after talking to the previous owner's mom (who sold the bass) it's an under-the-bed queen. Only small issue are the selector and output jack were a bit scratchy. I hit them with some deoxit and they seem to been fine.

Looking for 1450 shipped with original hard case. Any questions please ask, but I am no 4003 expert!

Trades? I don't want to be a douche and will listen to all offers--4 string and fretted only. But I have really pared down my arsenal to just two basses and I am very happy with that. So it's going to have to really blow my hair back. And I don't have a lot of hair and I use a lot of product. A Guild JS2 Acorn bass? Yes. A Musicman Stingray Classic or Sabre? That's a maybe, and those are really nice basses. Cash to balance out a deal.

Your offer has to be cooler than flying out to LA, renting a convertible and driving the PCH up to Pismo Beach in the fall to see this, because that's where the money is going:

The Race of Gentlemen |

26974531130_1efccefdf2_z.
    26974531570_d8cf4b31e0_z.
    27215807476_9ae88683c8_z.
    26974529360_a9fa1b7916_z.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Twangster101 likes this.
  2. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    Someone may have purchased this on another site, but now they seem to have disappeared. So, sold pending reappearance of buyer?

If anyone wants to burn this guy, make offers now! Woo!

(kidding)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    Andddd sold