1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2005 Hamer Korina Junior

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by chromium, Feb 21, 2016.

1. chromium

chromium

Jul 17, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Price:
    Honestly, I never thought I would be doing this when I had this guitar in my hands for the first time... but never say never. The only reason I'm selling is because I recently picked up another mahogany Hamer Jr in TV yellow and I really don't need to keep two. There are a number of appreciable differences between them, and certain aspects of the Korina version that make it outstanding in its own right (nice chunky neck being one). This was a very tough decision.

For those that have not experienced Hamers like these... they are everything a Gibson *should* be, but without the hit-or-miss factor... and more akin to "custom shop" caliber. I have ten or so Hamers at this point, and none have disappointed.

At any rate:

- It is in beautiful overall condition

- Slight fretwear in the lower region of the neck (under G, B, E strings; see pics) that does not affect playability at all. I suspect that the "wear" is actually due to the previous owner storing the guitar in the case, with the case padding pushing the strings into the frets. Again - does not affect playability at all

- There is one minor indentation on the back edge... a ding that didn't break thru the finish

- Setup on it was so nice that I haven't touched it (rare for me)

- Stock everything, w/SD P90, Wilkie wraptail, Schaller tuners, etc.

- OHSC is in really good shape, only minor scuffs and a couple minor dings in tolex. Inside is clean, and latches all intact/functional

- It is super light at about 7lbs, and sooooo resonant. This thing really sings.

- Neck is joy to play - measures 1 11/16" across at nut, 15/16" thick at 1st, and 1" thick at 12th

- Any other questions, just let me know

Looking for $1450 shipped/Paypal'd (or bank wire) in the CONUS. Not seeking trades, and I would prefer to stay to domestic destinations for now.

0804151001a.

0804151001b.

0804151002a.

0804151004b.

0210161156c.

d5ddd2c2-7bd8-48c1-9637-8a4a557ad94a.

0803151500a.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. jeffbass

jeffbass Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Lexington, KY