1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2005 Limited Edition Ibanez SR1006EZWNTF

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shanmag, Dec 7, 2006.

1. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    Anybody got one of these? Came across them the other day and wouldn't mind buying a SR1006EZWNTF except for the fact that;

a) it's a 2005 limited edition
    b) i'm in australia
    c) i've googled and searched talkbass and i've found nothing. im guessing not many of these were actually made.

so has anyone played one? if so, what do you think?

i can see im entering an unwinnable battle here trying to find one of these :bawl:

here are the specs:

SR1004EZWNTF / SR1005EZWNTF / SR1006EZWNTF

Soundgear Zebrawood/Mahogany Model Features:

Available Finish NTF Natural Flat
    Body Material - 15mm Zebrawood Top/Mahogany Body
    Neck Material - 5pc Maple/Bubinga
    Neck Type - SR Prestige Thru Neck
    No. Frets/Type - 24/Medium
    Fingerboard - Rosewood
    Inlay - SR Prestige Special
    Bridge - Mono-Rail IV
    H/W Color - Gold
    Neck Pickup - Bartolini Custom
    Bridge Pickup - Bartolini Custom
    EQ - Vari-Mid Hi-Fi 3band
    SR1000EZW NTF - $1499.99 List
    SR1005EZW NTF 5-String - $1599.99 List
    SR1006EZW NTF 6-string - $1699.99 List

2. Haven't seen one of those in Australia. Those basses are very hard to come by over here. Your best bet is to try American stores.

3. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    yeah that's what i think i might have to do

but im thinking i'd be extremely lucky to find a store that has a new one in stock still from 2005. im probably going to have to find one second hand

i might send ibanez an email when i get home to see how many were actually made and if there is any left

4. Good idea. If you're after a new bass still in production, just give the boys at the Bass Centre in Melbourne a yell and they'll do their best to get the bass of your dreams.

5. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    Pretty sure this is the one I'm looking for...
    [​IMG]

6. Yeh. Actually, I'm 90% sure they were a Samash exclusive bass. Meaning Ibanez only made them for the company Samash, who are a large music instrument online selling thing. Address is here. Not sure if they ship overseas, but you might be lucky.

Try www.samash.com and do a search for that bass. Sorry, I couldn't find the exact link as the server is down or something.

7. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    well, as far as I know, I'm the only one with a 2005 SR1006LE, but mine is not the zebra wood, it's the burled poplar which looks even better in my opinion.

[​IMG]

It cost me 1500 new with the case, but since it is no longer made, I'm not sure if the price would've gone up or down. Hwoever, this is a fantastic bass to play and hear, I wish you luck finding one.

Greg