1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2005 MIA Std Jazz 5- good deal? what's this silver haired cougar worth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonas_24112, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jonas_24112

jonas_24112

Jul 11, 2011
    I will apologize up front that I only have one crappy pic. I'm hoping to come up with an idea of how much this Jazz is worth. Here are the particulars-

- 2005 Am. Std. Jazz Bass 5-string
    - Silver w/ black pickguard
    - Body- Condition is used/roadworn. She's got quarter sized paint missing spots (to the wood) on her heel and just below the 2nd volume knob. There's a crack in the paint at the neck joint, but crack is not into the body, just the paint. Couple of miscellaneous picks and dings on the rest of the body.
    - Headstock/tuners- couple small dings on headstock. D string tuner has difficulty unwinding. Seems it turns a quarter turn for every full turn. You can watch the tuner knob go in and out as it turns the exposed tuner wheel. Weird.
    - Neck- back of neck has inch long "scar", kind of like it was leaned against a table and then slid off, but is still smooth none the same. another small ding of no consequence as well. Overall, the neck is still smooth.
    - Fretboard- biggest surprise. it's beautiful. frets look great too.
    - Electronics- everything works well. The second volume knob seems to "overturn", or turn past 360 degrees.
    - Metal- all metal on the bass except tuners has a little bit of rust here and there (p/u poles, bridge, volume knob nuts, etc). not major structural rust, but just enough to give it an antique look. Think a dusting here and there.
    - Truss rod- everything fine here.

Overall, the thing plays great and sounds beautifully. It's what I would say is a player, despite the original price tag. Awesome neck on this thing, really flat. The dings and rust give it that truly vintage/roadworn feel, if you like that sort of thing.

So, can someone give me a range on what it's worth?

Attached Files: