Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2005 Rock n roll hall of Fame nominees

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ironmaidenisgod, Jun 29, 2004.

1. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Iron Maiden(way to go :hyper: ),U2,Bryan Adams,Def Leppard,Simple Minds,Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five,The Pretanders,Joan Jett,ABBA,Jeff Beck,Black Sabbath(although Ozzy dosn't want the nomination),Van Halen,Dick Dale,Lynrd Skynrd,John Mellencamp,The Steve Miller band,Pat Benetar and Twisted Sister.

Pretty decent list inspite of all the sh*t of past years.Comments?

2. prediction:
    Skynyrd
    Dick Dale
    Jeff Beck
    Sabbath

the others can wait (except ABBA who do not qualify as RnR). (also tempted to add Steve Miller, but I don't see him as that influential).

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Not a bad list, although the phrase "'bout time!" rings out for a few of them. As for Twisted Sister and Def Leppard, help me out here. Why?

4. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    They're pandering to ugly crossdressers and amputees, and this is the only way to do it without being too overt. :D

Also, because Dee Snider's just not going to take it anymore.

[​IMG]

5. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    What band deserves it more than Iron Maiden?(Judas Priest as much,not more)

Also don't think Sabbath will get in as they failed the past three years.Ozzy wasn't interested anyway.

6. i think skynyrd really do, after all that mess, then one falling after the other, they still toured!

was a really amazing show, and great fun! the disco ball for Freebird was magical. very touching. too bad they (he) has finally retired... ;)

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What is it , you need 20 or 25 years from your first record?.

8. Ace123

Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    25 years from first record.

9. devain21to7

devain21to7

Jun 5, 2004
    sippi
    I think they should look at the bands who inspire cult followings more so than record sales, bands who have inspired generations of artists , bands such as RUSH. Why have they never even been an option??? Van Halen is finally getting nominated???? If VH does get picked , will all three singers show up at the ceremony, will we have a Roth-Hagar-Cherone brawl??? If at all Roth and Hagar should come, no Cherone.

10. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    As long as that **** Bryan Adams doesn't get in, I'll be happy...I freakin hate that guy.

Ya Maiden!

11. supermonkey

supermonkey

Mar 15, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    It's a total travesty how they've ignored Rush. Black Sabbath should get in, but they won't. Maiden totally deserves it. Priest does too. As does VH.

Twisted Sister I don't know about, but Def Leppard deserves some kind of nod, I'd concede.
    Remember a little record called "Pyromania"? Mild success.

12. If Ozzy acted like he cared, Sabbath would have been in 3 years ago.

13. devain21to7

devain21to7

Jun 5, 2004
    sippi
    Rush deserved it more than anybody who made it this year, well maybe not as much as ole george harrison, but still Rush needs to be in .

14. i definatley need more coffee, cause i read this and thought "canadian is censored?"

i think the rock n roll hall of fame is silly.

15. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I tend to agree, mostly because I think it's more a popularity contest among artists than any accurate measurement of accomplishment.

16. devain21to7

devain21to7

Jun 5, 2004
    sippi

HELL YEAH, Where are all the real stars people praise?????
    I think they go by rolling stone reviews or some **** like that.
    We should start an army of bassists and overthrow the bloody hall of fame... :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

R&R hall of fame , we are here for BLOOOD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

17. It's totally silly. Regardless of who's voting, it's as "definitave" as the VH-1's "the List" programs.

It also opens up the question "What is Rock and Roll?" Is Do Wop? How about Abba? Hell, I love the Carpenters, but I don't think they belong in the RnRHoF. Robert Johnson has influenced loads of blues and blues rock guys. Does he belong in the RnRHoF? It's as much of a 'political' decision to let some people in.

Again, it's a subjective "list," whether they meet with your opinions is up to you.

18. Ace123

Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Who votes on who actually gets in?

19. Agree'd...Twisted Sister didn't do much at all...