1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2005 Shen 150 for sale, $2,000/offer

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by chris1125, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Hi:

This year I was admitted to the Interlochen Summer Music program and hope to raise some money to pay expenses. My parents have agreed to sell my second bass, the Shen 150, which I have owned for 4 years (bought new) but used only 1.

I play on the Cleveland Youth Orchestra and the Young Artist Debut Orchestra. Even thought the 150 sounds great, it is a 3/4th size and I wanted a 7/8ths size for orchestra work. As I was so happy with the Shen's I have had, I bought another one a 7/8th willow, and thought I would still have some use for the 150 bass. I haven't played it much since my purchase. It would be a great first bass for a bassist with serious goals. It deserves to be played regularly. By the way, I have kept this bass in a room with has controls for heat, A/C and humidity, so it really is no different now than several years back.

We would consider reasonable offers. But the bass is well worth the asking price and is perhaps better than new in that it has been broken in, had a small problem worked out with the finger board, and is truly ready to play. I will sell it with an upgraded bag I originally bought with it. If your local, I could include some lessons for a new or struggling student!

Here is a couple of pics:
    sb1501.

sb1502.

Get back to my mom if interested. Her email is lorrainedemarco14@verizon.net. Thanks for looking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.