SOLD 2005 Warwick Thumb 4 BO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Barticus, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Price:
    Strings:
    Thanks for looking - please send any questions, offers etc. thru PM as I don't want to clutter the thread, or miss any interest in the bass as well. Thanks in advance!

2005 Warwick Thumb BO 4 - this is a great bass with active/passive MEC electronics (2 band preamp) like many Warwick basses, has the Ovankol body and Ovankol neck with Wenge fretboard combo and weighs in at 9.4 lbs on the bathroom scale - sounds amazing, with the classic Thumb tone.

Amazing contoured body of the Thumb

Thumb 1.jpg
    Thumb 2.jpg
    Thumb 3.jpg
    Thumb 5.jpg

When I bought this bass several years back, when it arrived I discovered that the previous owner had screwed a 50yr old wooden domino into the body as a thumb rest. I had a local pro luthier (tours with a major act out of Nashville as a pro-guitar tech) remove the thumb rest and fill the screw holes, he did a great job of blending it in. I also had him go over the body to remove any of the light scratches. He then used Warwick wax and buffed the bass body back to excellent condition.

Again, please PM with any questions or offers, etc. Also, it will come with a Warwick gig bag.

Shipping only to the U.S. PayPal is preferred.
    Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    scottm, Thumpr and BritFunk like this.
  2. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Price drop **motivated to sell **
    New bass on the way :)

armybass and Thumpr like this.
  3. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Maybe the original owner thought a Thumb should have a thumb rest???

4. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Ironic since the name of the Thumb was actually a joke - since there's no place to rest your thumb :)

5. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    The solution...

6. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Yeah, I don't rest my Thumb anywhere... Its too busy double-thumbing :thumbsup:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2021