1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2006 American Deluxe Jazz Bass (ski jump, needs partial re-fret)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DuluthDank, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    650, buyer pays shipping in CONUS. This is a 2006 American Deluxe Jazz bass in cosmetically fantastic condition. It has a ski jump happening around the neck joint, and needs the neck planed down with a partial re-fretting. Vig Guitars in St. Paul (a reputable repair place in my area) quoted me at $250 for this work. It also needs a new sponge thing under the neck pickup, as the highest this pickup can currently go is about 3-4 mm below the strings. This would be a cheap and easy fix. The bass is otherwise in pretty good shape. I had focused on upright bass pretty exclusively for quite a few years and had this in storage, and as best as I can tell the ski jump developed during this time. Now that I am playing some bass guitar again I find that I prefer passive basses, so I'm opting to sell this rather than fix it up and play it. If the bass doesn't generate interest in its current condition I might pay to fix it and post it again, but I'm wondering if somebody with some repair skills might enjoy snagging this on the cheap. It comes shipped with the Fender hard case and truss rod tool. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Edited with 3 attempts at showing the neck curvature. Also, although it's hard to find blemishes on this instrument, I included a picture of some minor chipping on the pick guard around the truss rod access, some light scratches on the control plate, as well as a small scratch on the body. These are the most substantial cosmetic issues I can see.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018