1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2006 Fenders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Apr 9, 2006.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    I know I have blasted Fender in the past as far as quality control goes but I must say the new upgraded standard series basses are outstanding. I tryed a new 2006 Mexican P-Bass and was floored. No rough or high frets, upgraded pups, { they look like the 59 custom shop pups they are loud!} and a set up thats good right out of the box. I actually had to raise the action and the neck needed no adjustment. I also tryed a 2005 model that was awful. The frets were sharp, the action high, and it sounded like sh!t. I do take my hat off to fender for the improvements they have made in their 2006 models. Two Thumbs Up Fender!:)

2. sanray

sanray

Nov 8, 2005
    I have a 2003 and mine is the best I have ever tried, I like just as much as any lakland I have ever played. although the electronics were messed up when I got it, they repaired them for me for free, there are some that are just gems.

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    I grabbed that P-Bass, I couldn't resist. It is made better than the American Jazz bass I had. I hope this is going to be the norm on the 2006 Standard series. They upgraded the Pups, the knobs, rounded the fretboard edges, and shielded the control cavities. They even put bone nuts on them! Im gassing for the jazz bass next.

4. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    My sentiments, exactly:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241499