1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2006 Lakland Skyline Jerry Scheff - Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by buffordbass, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Trying to make a run at a 4/94 but I got to sell the Scheff.
    You guys know the one... it is one of only ,a few fretless Skyline Scheff produced, the Armstrong pick ups were replaced... and you wont be sorry. She sounds awesome and is the ONLY fretless I have been able to play. I will include an extra 9 volt for the pre-amp, the strings could use a change, but this beauty hardly looks like it's been used at all!!

$850 shipped in a Lakland hard case.. lower 48... paypal preferred

pm or e-mail with questions, offers, etc...

Scheff.

2. Bump for Terry!

3. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    actually this bass came right from the factory with the Bassline-vintage sb-1's, this bass was put together for Brian Gingrich that works at lakland, and he had them put the basslines in it because he liked them better than the armstrongs. you can tell that ALOT of attention went into this bass when it was put together. nicest skyline ive played.

4. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Well then, how about $900 shipped??

5. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    I'll let this run through the weekend while I'm gone. Please e-mail vs. pm so I can respond to questions and offers. If it is not sold by Monday, it will be removed.
    Thanks for looking!!

6. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    BTW... I DO have a fretted maple neck I could add to the pot so you could choose fretted or fretless for a mere $150 more....

$1050 shipped with both necks!!

7. RumbleBeeAL

RumbleBeeAL

Jun 8, 2009
    Mobile, AL
    Please post more photos of the Jerry Scheff and of the additional Fretted Maple Neck. Any wear we need to know about?

Also, please PM me with the S/Ns of both necks. Which Neck is the original neck for the Bass?

8. mattygbass

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    i'll answer for him, cause he's out of town for the weekend, and it'smy old bass.
    it's MINT , no scratches or dings.the neck has no wear(always wore flats)
    2006. (dont know about fretted neck though)
    DSC01684.

9. I presume this is a pre-hanson Lakkie - ...sorry couldn't resist:D

10. RumbleBeeAL

RumbleBeeAL

Jun 8, 2009
    Mobile, AL
    Thanks for the updated info and photo...

Is a Lakland Hardshell Case and/or Lakland GigBag included?

I'm concerned about transit/shipping protection.

11. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have bought more stuff from Terry than I will ever admit to my wife. Regardless of the case, his shipping second to none! If he shipped me a bass without a case, I would have no hesitation. Incredible guy who knows how pack gear.

12. jazzercountry

jazzercountry Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    FYI - this is not the only skyline fretless Scheff ever made, because I used to have one. It was also CAR, but regular lipstick pickups. I sold it for a fretted 5 string version. Mine had a mirror pickguard.

13. mattygbass

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    black hardshell lakland case

14. RumbleBeeAL

RumbleBeeAL

Jun 8, 2009
    Mobile, AL
    Is there an official certificate/document from Lakland or Brian Gingrich of Lakland that clearly states "this bass is the only Fretless Jerry Scheff"? Of course, that document would need to indicate the s/n of the unit. Such document would reinforce tis claim.

These are quite rare by today's standards... I've played one with the lipstick pickups. It would be interesting to see/hear the differences between the two types.

15. Lakland does not have certificates but they are very open to email questions so it would be very easy to confirm this claim.

I also believe there were more fretless Scheffs. I seem to remember there was also a Lake Placid Blue one I saw back in the day.

Either way there were very very few made. Heck there were very few Skyline fretted basses made. My guess is that there are 5 or less fretless Skyline Scheffs out there.

16. mattygbass

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    i dont know that it is the only fretless skyline scheff, but i cant ell you that there is definately less than 5 in existance and this is the only one i have ever seen.the gentleman a few posts up said he owned one. no there are no certificate, but you can call brian at lakland, it was his bass originally and he can tell you how rare it is.

you wont be sorry if you buy this bass, it is the nicĀ“st playing fretless i have ever touched.

heck, i would love to get it back myself.

17. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Many thanks to my Lakland brothers who covered for me while I was out of town. I edited my original post to a "few" fretless Scheffs.... I stand corrected.
    Any more questions? send 'em to me & I'll get right back with you.
    As always, I am partial to trade offers including Maple board on a Glaub!!

18. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    bump

19. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    price drop on fretless to $875 shipped...
    that's crazy!@?@?@?

20. RumbleBeeAL

RumbleBeeAL

Jun 8, 2009
    Mobile, AL
    Another PM sent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.