1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2006 NBA dunk comp

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Did you watch it? I just finished watching it. All the commentators (particularly Magic) keep saying that Iguodala deserved to win, but I don't think he did. He had one good dunk - where he jumped from behind the backboard - but the rest of his dunks weren't as exciting as Nate Robinson's IMO. Watching that little guy jump was amazing! The only letdown in his performance was the fact the 2 of his dunks took nearly 16 attempts. What do you think?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yay for Nate. I got to watch him play in college for the UW. He also played for the football team. If he gets a shot in New York, he is going to be a great player.

-Mike

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the tv in my apartment doesn't get tnt. :(

i remember making a thread about the 2005 dunk competition, and it plummeted faster than a lead-plated titanic.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Iggy got robbed!

5. We don't get anything NBA over here is Aus, but thanks to the wonders of the internet I can watch all the action.

Really? You think he was the clear winner? A lot of people were complaining that one of the judges held up a 10 on Iggy's last dunk, then changed it a second later to a 9. As a result it went into a dunk off.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    my philly roots say Iggy, cause that behind the backboard pass was SICK.

but my smaller statue side says, cmon, nate!!!

[​IMG]

besides, iggs just got soph/rook MVP.

oh, and here are the vid highlights!

http://www.nba.com/allstar2006/rising_stars/

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    [jay and silent bob]
    what the **** is the internet?
    [/jay and silent bob]

watched the hi-light video from the link. awesome stuff. :cool:

(and i liked iggy's dunks better on the whole.)

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i think if nate had made that "btwn the legs, off the backboard" dunk in far few less tries (and not 10 tries :rolleyes: ), he still woulda been dunk king.

but yea, i think iggy did have more originality. while i loved the "anniversary'ness" of Nate hurdling Spud (20 yrs. ago, he won it?), its nothing new from the "And1 / City Hoops" stuff.