2006 NBA dunk comp

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Did you watch it? I just finished watching it. All the commentators (particularly Magic) keep saying that Iguodala deserved to win, but I don't think he did. He had one good dunk - where he jumped from behind the backboard - but the rest of his dunks weren't as exciting as Nate Robinson's IMO. Watching that little guy jump was amazing! The only letdown in his performance was the fact the 2 of his dunks took nearly 16 attempts. What do you think?
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yay for Nate. I got to watch him play in college for the UW. He also played for the football team. If he gets a shot in New York, he is going to be a great player.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the tv in my apartment doesn't get tnt. :(

i remember making a thread about the 2005 dunk competition, and it plummeted faster than a lead-plated titanic.
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  5. We don't get anything NBA over here is Aus, but thanks to the wonders of the internet I can watch all the action.

Really? You think he was the clear winner? A lot of people were complaining that one of the judges held up a 10 on Iggy's last dunk, then changed it a second later to a 9. As a result it went into a dunk off.
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    my philly roots say Iggy, cause that behind the backboard pass was SICK.

but my smaller statue side says, cmon, nate!!!

besides, iggs just got soph/rook MVP.

oh, and here are the vid highlights!

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    [jay and silent bob]
    what the **** is the internet?
    [/jay and silent bob]

watched the hi-light video from the link. awesome stuff. :cool:

(and i liked iggy's dunks better on the whole.)
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i think if nate had made that "btwn the legs, off the backboard" dunk in far few less tries (and not 10 tries :rolleyes: ), he still woulda been dunk king.

but yea, i think iggy did have more originality. while i loved the "anniversary'ness" of Nate hurdling Spud (20 yrs. ago, he won it?), its nothing new from the "And1 / City Hoops" stuff.