1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2006 Sadowsky NYC 4 String PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vanderbe, Dec 26, 2019.

1. vanderbe

vanderbe Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston
    Price:
    Strings:
    • 2006 NYC Sadowsky 4 String in 59 burst
    • Spalted maple top on chambered alder body.
    • Maple neck
    • Madagascar rosewood fingerboard.
    • Hum cancelling J pups.
    • Sadowsky preamp with VTC
    • 8lbs.
    • 1.5” nut
    • 12” radius
    • Black hardware
    • Sadowsky Blue flats
    I’m the original owner who custom ordered this bass in July 2005 and received it 9 months later in April 2006. It was my main bass, played frequently for 5 1/2 years until I started playing a Sadowsky NYC 5 string in October 2011. This bass has always been kept in an air conditioned/climate controlled environment and in a case when it wasn’t being played. It’s tough for me to sell it as it was my first NYC Sadowsky which I waited 9 months for. But I’m fortunate to have other NYCs that I play, mostly 5 strings.

Regrets for the reflections on the finish In the photos. I’ve tried to capture all the blemishes that happen from normal use. There are some dings in the head stock, small scratches on the body edges, 2 blemishes on the top and some wear on the plastic bridge pup housing by the E string from my fingernail whenever I rested my thumb on the bridge pup.

It comes with a never used Sadowsky ultralight gig bag/case with all the original paperwork. I bought another gig bag to use instead of the one shipped. Therefore, the case is essentially new.

According to the current Sadowsky price list, this bass would cost $5700 with a 9 month lead time. I’m asking $3000 plus $75 shipping within the Continental US. Total $3075.00 Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    apener, radmin, pedulla-2007 and 14 others like this.
  2. Steelcannon

Steelcannon

Nov 11, 2016
    Neck width and radius please

3. vanderbe

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston
    1.5” nut
    12” radius

Laklandfan likes this.
  4. vanderbe

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston
    Still Available

5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Beautiful instrument. Wish I had room for another one!

vanderbe likes this.
  6. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I had an identical 5 string from the same era. Awesome bass. GLWTS

vanderbe likes this.
  7. Bassmantd

Bassmantd

Aug 1, 2015
    Pm sent

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021