1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2006 Spector Rebop 5 DLX Zebrawood w/ EMG DC40 pickups and USA Haz 18V Preamp $825.00

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rod Harder, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    After just picking up a Euro 4 that I have instantly bonded with I have decided to once again list my upgraded 2006 Spector Rebop 5 DLX with a USA 18V Haz Preamp installed.

Specs:
    Zebrawood top over Alder Back - Original curved Spector NS body design
    Natural Oil finish
    35" scale Maple neck with 24 fret Rosewood fretboard with Spector Crown inlays
    Active EMG DC40 pickups (upgrade from stock)
    Haz Labs 18V USA Preamp with Volume/Blend/Stacked Bass and Treble (upgrade from stock)
    Hipshot Ultralite Tuners (upgrade from stock)

I have had this bass for a few months and while I really like it I am facing the reality that I am much more comfortable playing 4 string basses because I sing lead a great deal and the muscle memory is much easier with a 4 string because I have been playing mainly 4 stringers for so long.
    It's a great sounding bass with tons of Spector growl and a great sounding Low B string with zero flabbiness and tons of harmonic overtones, a very lively and present B string.
    The bass is in excellent shape, with several upgrades:
    Active EMG DC40 pickups - $200 upgrade from the stock EMG-HZ40 pickups
    Haz Labs 18V USA Preamp - $249 upgrade from stock Tone Pump preamp
    Hipshot Ultralite Tuners - $28 ea x 5 = $140 upgrade from stock Spector tuners

In total this bass has almost $600 in upgrades from the stock Rebop 5 basses.

No case or bag included, however it will be packed in a Spector shipping box double packed and boxed and protected to arrive safely to it's new home.

If desired I will sell the bass without the preamp for $700 shipped - the bass will not include the 18V Haz Preamp but will include the output jack and quick connect clips on the pickups and jack already wired.

The bass is in excellent condition with only some minor wear on the softer Alder back and some scratches on the nuts of the Hipshot tuners, apparently they were installed by someone with a crescent wrench and little patience.

Once again - I am looking for $825 USD shipped Canada or CONUS with the Haz 18V preamp or $700 shipped without the preamp.

I have bought and sold dozens of basses and have excellent feedback here on TB and as rodharder780 on eBay.

Sorry, not looking for trades at this time except possibly an NS2A + cash but I would prefer to sell outright.

Attached Files:

2. Rod Harder

A few more pics:

Attached Files:

3. Rod Harder

SOLD! Headed to PA!