Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2006 - Steve Lawson gigs in UK and California

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    TB-ers

Happy New Year!

I've got quite a few gigs coming up in Jan/Feb, both in England and California -

LONDON
    Jan 12th - Recycle Collective @ Darbucka World Music Bar, with Cleveland Watkiss and BJ Cole - trio improv gig, this is going to be fab, don't miss it! Tix £6/£4 or buy online at www.stevelawson.net/store -
    more info - www.recyclecollective.com
    venue info - www.darbucka.com

CALIFORNIA
    Jan 16th - Ear Orchard Music Series, Club Tropical, 8641 Washington Blvd., Culver City - free improv gig with Jeff Kaiser, Andrew Pask and fellow bass mangler Steuart Leibig, this is going to be some amazing, difficult music, and a whole lot of fun. $10 / $5 student, all ages. We're on 7.45. club info: 310-559-1127

Jan 19th - Anaheim Bass Bash - annual NAMM show bass player thing. I'll be playing some improv duets with Trip Wamsley, who's fab. You won't need a NAMM show pass to get in. I'm guessing it'll be at JT Schmidts on Katella (no confirmation, but that's where it's been before) - free entry. Keep an eye on my site for more details.

Jan 19th-22nd - NAMM - huge great music gear trade fair, demoing stuff for Looperlative, Accugroove and Modulus. If you're there, come and find me!

Jan 27th - house concert in Santa Maria - details TBC, email if you want to go.

Jan 28th - Day long bass masterclass, Koinonia coffeehouse, Campbell, California - day-long masterclass, hosted by Accugroove, and sponsored by Accugroove and Looperlative - a day long workshop looking at all aspects of bass playing, musicianship, solo performance. Plenty of time for Q and A. A marvellous day, for sure. time 10-30am - 5pm, cost - $55. Email me for details. Advance booking essential. - steve@steve-lawson.co.uk

ENGLAND -

tour with Theo Travis -

Feb 2nd – Petersfield: Traders, 36a High Street, GU31 4JA? tel: 01730-233022
    Feb 3rd – London: Vortex Jazz Club, 11 Gillett Street, N16 8JH tel: 020 7254 4097
    Feb 23rd – Cambridge: CB2 5 Norforlk Street, CB1 2LD tel: 020 8361 1190
    Feb 28th – Portsmouth: Eastney Cellars 56 Cromwell Road, PO4 9RN? tel: 023-9282-6249
    More dates TBC

and then there's the Feb Recycle Collective date with Patrick Wood, Orphy Robinson and Roger Goula on Feb 22nd!

There you go - hope to see you at one or more of those!

Have a great new year, here's looking forward to a peaceful, creative and happy 2006 for everyone,

cheers!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net
    www.stevelawson.net/store
    http://steve.anthropiccollective.org
    www.myspace.com/solobassstevelawson

2. Steve - are you ever coming up to the Midlands to do anything?

3. jamiedunce

jamiedunce

Jan 21, 2005
    Steve, get yourself up to Newcastle for a gig some time! :D London isn't where its at!

Good luck with the gigs anyway :)

4. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I'd love to come and playing in Newcastle - let me know if you have an in at any cool venues up there!

steve
    www.stevelawson.net

5. Okay Newcastle - but what about the Mdlands Steve?

Have you ever thought about an AV display whilst you are playing? - I reckon it would be pretty awesome.

Ttfn

6. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Same deal for the midlands - I'd LOVE to come and play up there. I'm pursuing a gig in Coventry at the moment, but if you have an in with any venues, please let me know!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net