2006, What are you looking for?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by burk48237, Jan 2, 2006.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Are their any CD's that your waiting for with "GREAT ANTICIPATION" that you've heard or you believe are in the pipeline for 2006. For instance two years ago James Carter did a "Live at Bakers Keyboard Lounge" with several guest from the motown jazz scene. It took forever to get released (record company politics) and I kept checking the web for that one. Last year it was John Mayers Trio CD with Pino and Will Lee's (Toph E and the Pussycats) Live at the Detroit Jazz Festival. This year theirs a couple I'm looking forward too:

Pat Metheny Quartet: Pat Metheny did a tour with Christian McBride and Alejando Sanchez-I'm assuming they'll release a CD- Should be killer

Robben Ford: Robben's about due for another studio CD. The live CD last year was unreal.
  2. I´m really looking forward to new releases by In Flames, Evergrey and Katatonia.
  3. Symphony X's new one!!!!
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

... sorry, just felt like beating all the real Tool fans to the punch. :smug:
  5. The New John Paul Jones Album. Maybe another Clutch ( i can hope and pray!), a full LP release by Poseidotica, The Next Miasma record , and maybe a return of Nick Oliveri to QOTSA.
  6. New Red Hot Chili Peppers album
    new Tool album
    Jean Baudin's first solo cd
  7. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I really just want my girlfriend, Deidre, back.
  8. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The Trio Of Doom Sony/Legacy disc?
    ...supposedly includes some studio stuff, too.

Though I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed(the 3 live cuts I already have aren't that great)...as a completist-putz, gotta hear it all.

Hopefully, Dave Holland will have a release or two.
  9. Also a New Marc Ribot album and hopefully some new Tom Waits :)
  10. Ditto to all.

I only hope that the Chili Peppers don't go further away from the BSSM I dig...IE not another By the Way.

For tool: about time! Heh. this only means one thing: new tour!!!

Jean Baudin...well...we all know that will be absolutely amazing.
  11. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Another one for Tool's new album. I'm also looking foward to Mastodon's new one and I think that Lamb of God was going to have a new album out this year too.
  12. Scottie

Scottie Banned

Oct 14, 2005

Ive been saying this for the last 7 years... maybe this'll be the year... doubtful.
  13. Big +1 to that!

Also, a new album from Michel Camilo with AJ and Dave Weckl would be cool. Looking forward to Hiromi's new album as well. A second recording from the John Mayer Trio would rock as well. New Gov't Mule album.

I would like to see alot of stuff!
  14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I'd like to eventually pick up Mike Dimin's CD that I've been wanting to get for AGES.

Also looking forward to...

Ron Carter and Jim Hall - Telephone
    Charles Mingus, Duke Ellington, and Max Roach - Money Jungle
    Paul Chambers - Whims of Chambers
    Bill Evans - Interplay
    Something by Oscar Pettiford.
  15. I'm still looking for the CD version of Buck Clayton's "Hucklebuck" and "Robin's Nest" as performed at the jam session recordings. The double bass is cool and the baritone sax is killer on these songs.

Paul Mac
  16. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Twins I and II - Jaco Pastorius
  17. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    The Trio of Doom stuff is from Havana Jam I and II... What happene was Jaco went nuts and screwed the whole entire show up. The other members of the Trio of Doom (don't recall them right now..) were so pissed at him they requested to record new tracks for it.. Therefore there tracks were from a studio, because Jaco screwed up the live show.
  18. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    The new Chili Peppers CD.

'Operation: Mindcrime II' by Queensryche, which will no doubt be nowhere near as good as the original, but that I'll buy anyway, because I'm a sucker.

And another big +1 for Jean Baudin's solo album.

I'm also looking forward to that In Flames album that will be out soon... I can't remember what it's called. Maybe they'll go back to the good ol' days of 'The Jester Race', 'Whoracle', and 'Colony'.

19. It´s called "Come Clarity" and I must say that it sounds very good from the songs I have heared. Not as much neo-metal influences on this one.

Plus Lisa Miscovsky sings on a song and that is no shame.