1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 2007 Arnold Schnitzer Testore Fully Carved Bass!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by mskver, Dec 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mskver

mskver Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have a 2007 Arnold Schnitzer Testore fully carved upright bass for sale. I bought it new from Arnold in his NY shop in 2007 when I started grad school. I used it alot through school, but lately have not had the time or oppportunity to play it and give it the attention it deserves. It is a gorgeous bass and sounds incredible. I recently contacted Arnold and he suggested a retail price of $15000, so I am going to post it at $10,000. Please let me know if you are interested and would like to come check it out! Thanks for looking! image1. image2. image1. image2. image3. image4. image5. image6. image7. image8. image9.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    tonequixote, longfinger and Silevesq like this.
  2. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    New Mexico. USA
    To clarify, as the label clearly shows, this bass was not handmade by me but was imported "in the white" from Germany, and labeled "Schnitzer and deSola. The neck and fingerboard were set in my shop, it was varnished by Wil deSola, and then set up in my shop. It is a bit misleading to title the ad "Arnold Schnitzer" bass. That said, it's a fine instrument and the seller reported accurately my opinion on its value.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  3. mskver

mskver Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thank you Arnold for the additional information on the bass. I certainly did not intend to mislead anyone, thanks!

4. Is this a New Standard La Scala model? Great looking bass! I love the double purfling.

5. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    New Mexico. USA
    No.

bassmanbrent likes this.
  6. mskver

mskver Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Dropping price to $10,000!!