1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2007 Azola Lightning Bug semi-hollow bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by mrpackerguy, Jan 24, 2012.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    SOLD Locally

$2075 + split shipping/insurance with me

I'm just not feeling this bass, and it's too nice of a bass to just sit, it needs to be played. To me, it had somewhat of a "thuddy" attack, but after some assistance here, the thud has calmed down with proper eq'ing and using a rig that isn't so mid-present. We're only gigging once a month and this is just too expensive of a toy to use that infrequently.

As you can see - it's gorgeous. I wish I knew what kind of strings were on it, but sorry, I don't. 3 band active EQ with controls of vol/treb/mid/low. Comes with stand which works great, the end pin and a body bout and all original paperwork including the allen wrench tool to adjust the neck.

The hard shell rifle case that comes with it, is somewhere close to an anvil case, and protects the Azola very securely. Local deal/Wisconsin is always welcome.

bug14.
    bug13.
    bug12.
    bug11.
    bug10.
    bug9.
    bug8.
    bug7.
    bug6.
    bug5.
    bug4.
    bug3.
    bug2.
    bug1.
    bug.

2. bassfox

bassfox

Jun 22, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Those are D'Addario Hybrid strings. I have the the same model Azola and I will attest that it is a joy to play.

3. redwookie

redwookie Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Chicago
    PM sent.

4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Taking this offline for now pending testing with Fdeck's HPF.