SOLD 2007 Dingwall AB1 Elite **AAAA Top!!! MAKE OFFER!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleevey55, Dec 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have a new Dingwall AB1 being built and so Im selling this one to help fund it so here it is. The top on this bass is just fabulous, flat stunning to look at, and the grey/purple/blue burst is gorgeous!! Bass has new Dingwall Stainless strings on it. Action is low and the neck on the bass is perfect. Wenge fingerboard looks and sounds great and the frets have little to no wear at all. Bass in in immaculate shape as you can see, I will post more pics tomorrow. The low B is flat devastating on these basses, as are all the strings/notes....clean, clear and honestly, these basses do not sound passive at all, they are very hot for a passive instrument. Knobs are volume, 4 way rotary pup selector and tone which has a vast array of options. The ease of playing this bass is unreal and the neck feels fabulous. Ill get an accurate weight on it but Id guess 8ish, it feels super light and it balances like a dream. If you've never tried one of these due to the fanned frets, think again, its silly how easy it is to get used to, you'll have it down in minutes, it just feels so natural to relax your hand and wrist rather than articulate it to match up to the straight frets you're used to. These are amazing instruments and the quality is top notch, Sheldon really takes pride in his work and it shows. Asking $2000.00 shipped conus. No trades please. Thanks !!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Someone please buy this.

joebar and sleevey55 like this.
  3. S.O.T.G. Rich

S.O.T.G. Rich Gold Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas
    Great guy to deal with! Love this bass! It plays like a dream!!!

sleevey55 likes this.
  4. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Thanks guys!

5. DemBoneZ

DemBoneZ

Apr 17, 2013
    Amazing bass stevo good luck with the sale mate!

sleevey55 likes this.
  6. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    Steve is a great guy!
    He let me try it out, and all that is in the description is right on the money.
    Light, low action, tone, etc. Great bass.
    Which I had the extra funds right now.

7. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    holy s**t look at that top-

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Please buy it so I don't.

9. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    I owned an AB1 and I concur-it was exactly as described here.
    the ultimate passive bass with a B string that shat and fire pissed brimstone.

10. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Damn that's a beautiful bass!

Also, your floors look great too! (sorry, just bought a new house so I'm in domicile-improvement mindset and see these things now)

11. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    A silly request I know but is there any way I could get a pic of the top in sunlight? I'm trying to really wrap my head around the color scheme. Great looking in the pics above. Just curious.

Also, it's passive but hot and sounds active (in your words). Will it do some traditional sounds or does it pretty much scream modern all the time?

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  12. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Im taking more pics today and posting them....the 4 way rotary knob and tone knob can give you a wide variety of tones. The bass has alot of tonal options. Its a very versatile bass IMO. You can get a "P" sound out of it or a "J" sound but both are very clear and defined. Its a killer bass with the FD-3 pups.

13. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Thank you.

14. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Here are the pics.....I did a VERY closeup inspection of the bass, I forgot to mention that a previous owner put a straplock on the lower bout, I had forgot it was there and you really don't notice it unless you flip the bass over. I found 3 tiny specks/dents the size of a pinhead on the bass but I cannot get them to show in a photo.....they are that small and I'm being that anal about it. The "D" on the Dingwalll emblem on the headstock has flaked away a bit (see pic) but its irrelevant really. I wanted to be 100% upfront on this bass so there are no suprises, and again, I'm picking the bass apart. My scale says 8.6lbs so its a light one. After taking the pics again, I played it and now I'm uncertain if I should sell it or not so I may at some point here soon jerk the ad down. As you can see, its top just makes ya drool, its flat stunning!!! Enjoy!!

Attached Files:

Selta likes this.
  15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Realize this is coming from a R/G color blind person... but those photos make it look more purple?

At that weight, man... >.>

16. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Dingwall's web site is not very clear on this. So, are the knobs volume, selector and master tone? And what's that switch do?

(This bass has been in my head all day.)

17. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Correct on the knobs, the switch is called bluEQube. Its a passive mid cut thats most noticeable when soloing the neck or bridge pickup. Brings the bass back in the mix a bit.

18. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    I've got a 2006 AB1 with the bluRQube switch and IMO, it emphasizes the growl/J tone of the neck and bridge in parallel, or the bridge PUP soloed. By definition it is a mid cut, but I think of it as more of a mid definition. Turn it off and solo the neck or do neck/bridge in series and the tone can get very old school P.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021