No longer available 2007 Fender American Precision! Butterscotch & Tort w/ HSC! Price Shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dopejohnpaul, May 1, 2020.

1. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    6D3A1CA3-910D-4B1A-92C8-A0BA5FBCDD89.jpeg I bought this bass new in 2007 while out on tour. It was a special FSR nitro butterscotch finish offered at GC or Sam Ash in Vegas (my memory isn’t exactly clear on which one at this point). This was my first American Fender, and it was much loved. It has toured all over the country with me, played on many big stages in front of many people, recorded a few albums (see thread comments), and it’s one of the best playing/feeling/sounding basses I have ever owned. This baby just isn’t getting the play my Am Original P is, so I decided to reluctantly offer her up. There’s another bass I have my eyes on, so one in - one out. She’s a great player in great shape. A beautiful butterscotch blonde, just thin enough to see the gorgeous grain in the body. The pictures don’t do it justice. I pull this bass out every day and admire the gorgeous grain on the body and neck. It’s a sight to be seen, and I can gladly send video or FaceTime you live to showcase the aesthetic beauty and rich sound of this bass. After 13 years, the nitro finish has a few player dings, but nothing serious or into the wood. The Nitro is super thin and delicate on this bass, so it has some minor checks and a bubbling around stress points, like the strap button. I pictured the worst of the finish wear just to be completely upfront. Nothing too bad, and nothing noticeable while playing. Can be strung up top loaded or string thru. Neck is straight and buttery. Not very heavy. Overall, she’s a beautiful instrument in great shape. The tort pickguard really pops, and you don’t see this combination up for sale often (ever, really). So there you have it. $1100 shipped CONUS. Ships in a beat up hard shell case. Looks ugly, but does the job. Sorry, but due to PayPal now taking almost 6% In fees, unless I can somehow find cheaper shipping to your specific location than the average I’ve been quoted (around $89 most places CONUS after full insurance and delivery confirmation), the price on this is pretty FIRM. PP fees being about $60 and shipping being $90, thats $150 I’m out before you ever get the bass. As long as MIM deluxe Fenders are selling for &7-800, I feel this is a fair price for a great instrument. If I can find cheaper shipping to you, or we use a service like Zelle or Venmo to pay, maybe we can work something out since there are less fee costs. Otherwise, Anything less really isn’t worth selling this gal for. Will consider trades, but mostly looking to sell. I like sunbursts and gold tops. HH, Tele and PJ setups are great. Would love a hollow/semi-hollow thumper. Inbox with offers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Central FL
    B or C neck?

3. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    B Width

4. How would you describe the profile - front to back - on the chunky side or on the thinner side?

5. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    It’s a modern C profile. Oval shaped, not really chunky

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  6. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    If anyone is interested, now might be a good time to jump. I’ve found a sunburst bass I like, and I’d love to grab it lol

7. You anywhere near Augusta? I have been looking an excuse to go see family there anyhow.

dopejohnpaul likes this.
  8. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    About a 2.5ish hour drive from me

9. tom dicus

tom dicus

May 17, 2017
    Wasilla, AK USA
    i suck at bass but will never give up
    Does B width indicate the nut is 1.75"?

dopejohnpaul likes this.
  10. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    No, 1.625
    EDIT: See below.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  11. westrock

westrock

Nov 18, 2007
    Great looking bass!!
    GLWTS

dopejohnpaul likes this.
  12. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Thanks so much! She plays and sounds great too!

13. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Sorry B width is 1.62 .....C width is 1.75

A width is 1.5

14. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    You are correct. I hastily misread the previous message when responding. Thanks for pointing that out and allowing me to clarify: This bass does indeed have a B width, which is the 1.625 nut width, not the 1.75. I apologize for any confusion.

murphy likes this.
  15. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    If anyone is interested, here was the last album I recorded with this particular bass. Setup exactly as it is now with flats. You can really get an idea for the sounds the bass can get.

Sands likes this.
  16. Arch58

Arch58 Low Frequency Thumper

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Wish I had a sunburst. GLWTS!!!

dopejohnpaul likes this.
  17. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Me too! Thanks

Arch58 likes this.
  18. JPINEDA

JPINEDA

Apr 8, 2020
    Beautiful!!!!!

dopejohnpaul likes this.
  19. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Thanks! She certainly is. Sounds and feels as great as she looks!

JPINEDA likes this.
  20. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Wish I could pick it up but I’m in the process of moving. Maybe once that’s done I’ll be sending you a PM. Good luck!

dopejohnpaul likes this.