1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 2007 Lakland Skyline DJ4 - Lake Placid Blue, Made in Korea

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zonkola, Feb 12, 2017.

1. zonkola

zonkola Bassic

Dec 4, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Price:
    Strings:

IMG_1830.JPG 2007 Lakland Darryl Jones Skyline 4-string Bass

• Lake Placid Blue
    • 1.5" jazz bass-style nut width
    • Currently running Jaco-style with no pickguard
    • Aftermarket blue marble pattern pickguard included
    • Dunlop strap lock pins installed
    • Made in Korea
    • Includes Lakland USA tweed hardshell case
    This was my main bass for about 5 years, until it lost the top spot to a lake placid blue Lakland USA 44-Dual J that I bought from a TB'er here. In fact, this sale includes the Lakland tweed case the 44 came in, 'cause I'm more of a SKB stackable case kinda guy.

This is a player's bass, so I'm sure it has a few tiny dings somewhere, but I haven't noticed any. As you can tell from the photos, it's in really good shape. A previous owner had a custom blue pearl pickguard made for the bass (included) but I thought it clashed with the DJ4's LPB paint a bit and took it off. I intended to replace it with a white or tortoise guard, but ended up preferring the look of the bass without a pickguard so I never got around to it.

This is a clean example of an earlier, made in Korea Lakland Skyline, with a fantastic neck and great build quality. I believe Lakland was using the Lakland/Hanson pickups by this production date, but I'm not sure. What I know is that I pretty much always replace stock pickups in my instruments, but I left these in because the bass already sounded fab.

Price drop to $800 plus shipping in the continental US. Sorry, no international sales.

EDIT: I just picked up a short scale bass, so I'm no longer entertaining trades.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Can we see a pic with the PG??