SOLD 2008 Rickenbacker 4003 - Midnight Blue with Rick Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by subtlestew, Dec 6, 2016.

1. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Price:
    $1250
    Strings:
    IMPORTANT NOTE - I'll be in NYC this coming Saturday night, December 17th, with time to kill (airport trip,) and could bring the bass. I'll knock $50 off if anyone paying cash wants it delivered to them in the NYC area that night only!

Greetings, TB shoppers. First off, NO TRADES - gotta pay off a Sadowsky I just bought.

I just received this Rickenbacker in a trade, and while it makes me nostalgic for Ricks I've owned in the past, the dream Sadowsky just became available, so this is last in-first out.

It plays wonderfully. The neck pickup was just replaced with a new one ordered from Rickenbacker, since it came to me with a DOA neck pickup. The work was done by a great luthier - Chris Tatalias of Hot Rod Six Strings in Brookfield, CT.

SO, the buyer will receive a fully-functional 4003 with a Rickenbacker-branded case and a nice blue suede strap. The bass is in really great shape with no dings or dents.

Selling for $1250 shipped in the CONUS.

Pix from previous owner:

IMG_5400.JPG IMG_5397.JPG IMG_5399.JPG IMG_5402.JPG IMG_5405.JPG IMG_5406.JPG IMG_5407.JPG IMG_5408.JPG IMG_5409.JPG

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Folks, this is off the market for a while... the luthier diagnosed the problem as a bad pickup. I'll revive this thread once it's fixed.

3. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Back on the block, fully functional, with brand-new neck pickup.

4. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    And... Sold!

Thanks for the interest, all!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021