1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2008 Schecter Stargazer - Black - $350 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Curmei, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curmei

Curmei

Dec 29, 2008
    Apologies up-front for the poor quality pictures. At some point, I will pick up a second camera to keep at the house here, just to take photos of basses I want to sell. Till then, I just have phone photos.

Bass is in great condition. Anything that looks like marking in the photos is just glare, shadow or smudges from moving the bass around. I tried to find dents, dings, scratches, but did not see any. If there are any, they are very small.

* If you are in NC, and want to meet to buy this bass - instead of me shipping it, I will sell it for $300.

Details from Schecter here:
    http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Bass/Stargazer-4.aspx

Active bass, with EMG pickups. Some dislike the EMGs, but I found them to be fine. I was using this as a backup bass, and it wasn't played much. Did a couple gigs with it, though, and didn't get any bad feedback on the sound.

Really like the way the neck feels. One of the better necks that I have played, and I generally do not like "jazz" style necks.

Not lightweight, but not heavy either. I would guess around 9.5 to 10 pounds - sorry no scale for proper weighing.

Comes with three pickguards:
    - Original white pearloid (which I was not a fan of)
    - B/W/B pickguard
    - Black pearloid

The two custom ones were made by Tony at Pickguardian. Fit the bass perfectly. Currently, the BWB one is on the bass.

I came across a Fender gig bag when cleaning out my studio today, so will ship the bass with that, as well.

Any questions, let me know. Overall, a nice bass, but I went a little crazy with a new purchase, and am moving a couple things to cover that. This one has been living in the closet the last six months, so she's up for sale.

Finally, not opposed to shipping outside the continental US, but buyer will need to work out the shipping details and costs. Just wanted to mention this, as I usually get asked when I post sale threads. I don't have a problem shipping outside the US, but have never shipped something this big to another country/territory, so not sure what is involved in making sure that it gets to its destination, as expected.

Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Basspluckers.com
    Pmd

3. rafst29

rafst29

Apr 6, 2011
    PM'd

4. Curmei

Curmei

Dec 29, 2008
    Bass on hold for rafst29. Will close thread, when sale is complete.

5. Curmei

Curmei

Dec 29, 2008
    Bass is sold to rafst29. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.