1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2008 Wan Bernadel Fully Carved

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by iamthebassplayr, Dec 12, 2017.

1. iamthebassplayr

iamthebassplayr Gold Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Price:
    $4000
    Strings:
    For sale is my 2008 Wan Bernadel. These are Chinese imports of some surprising quality, especially for the price point. It has outplayed basses much more expensive.

Set up and upkeep by Patrick McCarthy in Berkley, CA.

I purchased the bass used about 3 years ago. At the time is had a crack maybe an inch long in the lower back plate. Diamond cleat repair over it and has been solid since then.

Around the new year I took the bass down to have the finish touches up (particularly the ribs). Updated photos attached.

Fully Carved. Maple back and sides, spruce top.

String length: 41"
    Upper bout: 20"
    Lower Bout: 26"
    Body length 44.5"

Antiqued amber colored finish.

I'm in Sacramento, CA and looking for a semi local(ish) sale- do not want to ship it, but able to drive a few hours to meet a serious buyer halfway.

Strung with Pirastro Passione Starks on G and D, and with Evah Pirazzi A and E.

Has been a wonderful bass in college. Plays very well. Sound is focused, loud, and carries well with enough cushion.

Comes with a blue Tuft Premium padded cover.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. iamthebassplayr

Jun 24, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Bass was dropped off with Pat just before the New Year. He is going to be cleaning up the Set up and working on touching up the finish issues photo'd above!

3. Josh Kneisel

Josh Kneisel

Jun 17, 2016
    Arizona
    drool I wish I had money right now these things always show up when I cant justify/afford them. Nice bass

iamthebassplayr likes this.
  4. kurtsnyder

kurtsnyder

Oct 31, 2006
    Nashville
    Do you have any updated photos since Pat touched up the finish?

5. iamthebassplayr

Jun 24, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Sold to a Sacramento State Student!

Thanks for the interest everyone.

Josh Kneisel likes this.