1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2009 Fender Custom Classic V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rasicci, Feb 14, 2016.

1. rasicci

rasicci Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Akron, OHIO
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my 2009 Fender Custom Classic V with OHSC.
    Beautiful Cherry Burst with Noiseless pickups. Maple Fretboard with beautiful inlays.
    Certs, case candy all included.
    Weight is around 9.3 lbs
    $2075 includes shipping CONUS, paypal accepted.

Attached Files:

2. rasicci

Nov 21, 2012
    Akron, OHIO
    On Hold Pending Payment.

3. S W T

S W T

Apr 3, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Wow that was quick!! Beautiful bass. I have a 2012 custom classic v in gold sparkle. Prettiest bass ever but I've just never been able to get MY sound out of it. Even changed the pups to seymour Duncan basslines. I'll probably be listing it soon for a little more money. Nice to know they move quickly.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. bassarama

bassarama

Sep 14, 2006
    Toronto
    Yes that was a quick sale and likely for reasons of a beautiful bass and a reasonable price.
    I own an Ebony Transparent CC5 with a Maple Board and adore it. However, I also own a Fender Jazz 1997 Suhr era 5 string also. What one can't do the other can----- and vice versa.
    LIVE with my band that plays a wide variety of music from Jazz, Latin, to Pop and R&B, the Custom Classic has proven to be the most authoritative voice.
    I have owned 6 of them.

Perhaps SWT your sound might be in the super rare and limited production 96-97 Jazz Deluxe Series Fender 5's ?

I owned a Gold Sparkle CC Jazz 4 like your CC Jazz 5 (I'm assuming you do NOT have a matching headstock though--mine didn't) and it sold rather quick and locally at that. I have seen Ice Blue Metallic 4's and 5's just sit on this very same forum. I guess when it comes to the Fender thing-- COLOR IS A BIG THING :)

S W T likes this.
  5. rasicci

Nov 21, 2012
    Akron, OHIO
    Timing is everything....
    I was wavering on putting it up for sale. A few people around here knew in advance I was about to post it per discussions I have had with them earlier. ..So I hit post and I received an email just a few moments later to ask me to hold til WED as he wanted to buy it. His word is gold and I have dealt with him before. So here it sits ON HOLD until Wed/Thur giving him the opportunity to get the bass first. I will change status once everything is finalized.

It must be priced right however,as I have received several PM's looking to buy it immediately.
    So yes I have been lucky with the interest in this post as they are excellent basses built with great craftsmanship.

Thanks for the interest everyone.

bassarama and S W T like this.
  6. S W T

S W T

Apr 3, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    No mine doesn't have a gold sparkle head stock. Not sure I'd like that but here's a pic.

Attached Files:

7. bassarama

bassarama

Sep 14, 2006
    Toronto
    Gotta love THAT color !!
    If I am not mistaken there is a similar bass for sale on another sight right now, except it has a Maple Fingerboard.
    All the best all.

Attached Files:

S W T likes this.
  8. S W T

S W T

Apr 3, 2015
    Chicago, IL
    Saw it. I think $3600 is a little strong and def the reason it's been for sale for three months. Price it right and sell it quickly!! I do think $2500 is the sell fast number for a mint 2012 or 2013. Maybe $3000. What do I know.

bassarama likes this.