1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade 2009 Fender MIA J-Bass, great reliable player!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Flatty Banks, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Flatty Banks

Flatty Banks Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    California
    Price:
    Strings:
    I'm putting a feeler up for my MIA J-Bass. I'd like to try something different, so if you've got something to trade; worst I can say is no. Although I'm looking for a trade, I'd also entertain a sale (OBO).

It's a wonderful 2009 MIA J. I've owned tons of MIA J's but this one is my favorite. On the surface, there's nothing special about it, really; at all. But WOW can this thing play. It's buttery smooth. I normally would spend hours adjusting the action on a Fender MIA J but on this one, I didn't have to touch anything. How low & comfortable can action possibly be with zero fret buzz? This bass is an example. I don't know if Fender messed up in the shop on this one and accidentally made it sound & feel better than the other "identical" instruments off the same line... but something happened here.

You may think I'm BS'ing you, to make this instrument stand out from the countless others being sold, and I guess it's all anecdotal. There's no real way to prove that to you before you put your hands on it. That's your risk to take, I suppose.

It has a slightly orange finish with a wonderful maple neck. Comes with original hard case. Original electronics. There's a small ding in the headstock which I will grab a photo of shortly. It was my fault and previously was pristine... I dinged it on a ceiling fan inside a studio's monitor room. :bored: Only gigged with it a few times, other than that, it mostly sits in its case.

I will add photos later today, but for now, here's video:

Reggae example –

Heavy modern roots reggae example –

D*cking around (possible slap tone) –

Fingerstyle –

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    FYI -- I believe that model is an American Deluxe Jazz Bass.

3. Flatty Banks

Flatty Banks Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    California
    I think you're right, I'll change the post. Thanks!