1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2009 Fender Roadworn 60's Jazz - Novak Darkstar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by klharper, Sep 23, 2017.

1. klharper

klharper

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    Up for grabs - 2009 MIM Fender Roadworn 60's Jazz Bass in Fiesta Red. Neck pickup is replaced with a Novak Darkstar. I bought it secondhand this way, and the original neck pickup was not provided to me. I believe everything else is stock.

For some reason, these 2009 Roadworn's seem to be a hit. I've worked with many a session player in Nashville with coffins of 30 basses, and they'll have a MZ9 ['09] Roadworn P or J in their rack of top 5.

The Darkstar is my favorite pickup. I've got 3 others too, though, and just received a sweet new 60's style jazz bass via trade - so this one is moveable to me now. A killer bass with unique tone that can't be beat at this price.

Will include a FX Cases HSC. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

Comes in at 9.4 lbs

Not really looking for trades, as I'm funding 2 other really GASsy situations I'm into right now.
    But will listen to anything. One thing I'm hunting is a CS '59 P.
    $850 shipped/PayPal'd, firm.

Hit me with any questions!

IMG_4601.jpg IMG_4602.jpg IMG_4603.jpg IMG_4604.jpg IMG_4605.jpg IMG_4606.jpg IMG_4607.jpg IMG_4609.jpg IMG_4610.jpg IMG_4625.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    fishstix, Spaceman Ian and raal like this.
  2. HotelX

HotelX Supporting Member

That looks nice. Do you know how much it weighs?

3. klharper

klharper

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    The Darkstar probably adds a half pound over the stock jazz.

Not heavy at all, but not featherweight. I'd guess 9lbs? I'd also guess I need to buy a scale... ;)

Edit: just ordered a scale from Amazon, ha! Will have a weight on Tuesday.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  4. Damn. That would be like a dream come true....

5. Beautiful!!!

6. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    What does te Darkstar sound like

7. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Inactive Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    God.

Moonshine :bassist:

klharper likes this.
  8. klharper

klharper

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Updated with weight - 9.4lbs

The Darkstar... hard to describe. You must experience it. Big, fat, open, wide. Grinds subtely and nicely when you really dig in. Big fat single coil sound.

9. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    this is what david bowie's old bass player paul did to his jazz, this thing will sound so amazing live that you'll not believe it, too bad i'm in the middle of a major cash crunch

klharper likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021