1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2009 Modulus Q5 - 5A Maple Quilt Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The_Meatwagon, Aug 23, 2020.

1. The_Meatwagon

The_Meatwagon Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Price:
    Strings:
    2009 Modulus Q5 with a 5A Quilt Maple Top. Weighs in at 10 lbs even on my digital scale. Condition is 9+ out of 10. A few small marks, nothing through the clear coat and absolutely no damage. You really have to look for them up close to see them. One notable mark is a small line on the headstock. You can notice it if you're really looking for it but it has to be in certain light. Small indentation on the body that's about a little bigger than the size of a pinhead. This one you really have to look for and I tried to photograph it with the reflection as the camera wouldn't pick it up unless I found a certain angle. Neck is perfect and has the truss rod, but I've never had to use it.

This bass has been played a little bit but never gigged. I'm primarily a 4-string player that had to have this as a lifelong Phish fan. For as much as I play 5-string, this is just overkill and I constantly fight with the 17.5 mm spacing.

I wouldn't sell this, but I'd like to see this go to someone who will play it and appreciate it and replace it with something I'll actually play regularly.

35" scale.

I will entertain trades, but mostly looking to sell as I have my eyes on a few specific pieces in the Classifieds right now. I will also entertain offers.

Modulus case in excellent condition included. The price includes shipping in the lower 48.

More pictures available upon request.

If it matters to you, I bought this and the Rosoce bass I am posting from a collector. This Modulus was featured in an advertisement back in 2009. It's that beautiful.

Thank you for looking.

Attached Files:

KaseOfBass and Fred312b like this.
  2. Charlie Tuna

Charlie Tuna

Feb 21, 2005
    Key West, FL
    Gordo was one of the main reasons I picked up the bass. GLWTS

3. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Purty! What preamp is in it?

4. JDA04OSU

JDA04OSU Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Looks great!

5. The_Meatwagon

Jun 5, 2017
    Forgive me as I don't know exactly... It's whatever came stock with the Bart's but I can't find the exact specs and I'm not sure how to tell. I'm kind of novice when it comes to this stuff.

Attached Files:

Fred312b likes this.
  6. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    That’s the bartolini 3 band pre. Good stuff. GLWTS!

JDA04OSU and The_Meatwagon like this.
  7. The_Meatwagon

Jun 5, 2017
    Awesome, thanks for contributing to the thread with needed info!

Fred312b likes this.
  8. The_Meatwagon

Jun 5, 2017
    Let's go to 2500 shipped.

9. Ivyserpent

Ivyserpent

Aug 24, 2020
    I ve got Spector Euro 5 strings

Attached Files:

10. zenrad

zenrad Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Bergen County, NJ
    PM sent

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021