1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 2009 Stambaugh Custom 5 (5-string)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by revlimitbounce, Jan 30, 2019.

1. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2007
    AZ
    Price:
    $3500
    Strings:
    Hi. Selling my dream bass that I no longer play enough to warrant keeping.

It's a custom-ordered 5-string Stambaugh made in the woods of New Hampshire by Chris. All the following information was graciously provided to me directly from Chris when I bought the instrument in 2013:

"Body wood is Prima Vera and was a unique request to me from the original owner. This one was the only one like that I'd ever done. The top wood is Burled Claro Walnut. The finish is standard oil/varnish.

Neck wood is Maple and Mahogany. Fretboard is Macassar Ebony and the unique fretboard inlay is a moon behind clouds, using a combination of mother of pearl and green abalone. The nut is brass.

The bass was built with a Hipshot A-style bridge with 19mm string width at the bridge. Hipshot Ultralite tuners are on the unique "windowed" headstock. A Delano 3-band preamp running on 18 volts mates with Nordstrand DC pickups."

The bass comes with the original Stambaugh/TKL hard case and a wide Planet Waves strap with Straplocks.

I just had it in for a pro fret-end filing & service in October.

The price is $3,500, not including shipping charge. Chris has not done the windowed headstocks in years (and I think he's scaled back on his shop time), making this one a pretty rare puppy. I will charge the precise amount calculated to ship it to you from my place in Phoenix and nothing more. I will package it up with exceeding fastidiousness and care.

Of course, if you are anywhere local to me, you can check it out in person.

Many thanks for reading.
    -Jim

IMG_7286.JPG IMG_7287.JPG IMG_7292.JPG IMG_7290.JPG IMG_7291.JPG IMG_7294.JPG IMG_7295.JPG IMG_7296.JPG IMG_7293.JPG

Reedt2000 likes this.
  2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Nice bass.
    Chris does beautiful work.
    GLWTS

revlimitbounce likes this.
  3. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2007